Grrrrrrrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
Hi Everyone,

I just got banned from a forum and I am really annoyed about it.
There is a wholesalers forum www.thewholesaleforum.co.uk that I was a member of. I have been warned twice for apparently trying to advertise my products without "paying" the forum owner any money. Since I got my warnings I have been very carefuly about what I have said as a wholesale anything I say about my products or services could be viewed as an advert.

I have just spent a couple of weeks creating a FREE website where everyone operates on a fair and level playing field, unlike the forums in question. I posted a thread on the forum telling everyone about the new FREE website. What was the result? A lifetime, unreversable permanent ban from the forum. Why? For advertising... (A FREE WEBSITE)...

Was the new website considered competition to them? I went out of my way to avoid putting a forum on the new website so it would not be in competition with them as a good wholesale forum already exists.

I am very, very annoyed at the moment. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
Yeah this things happen. I also recently got bannet for two weeks from a forum :( it seems that because of PM spam , I've sent few people some deals via pm ( about 5 persons ) no free advertising or something like that , and I got banned. I don't understand some of the moderators...

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
Yeah this things happen. I also recently got bannet for two weeks from a forum :( it seems that because of PM spam , I've sent few people some deals via pm ( about 5 persons ) no free advertising or something like that , and I got banned. I don't understand some of the moderators...
I have found out some info about the forum owner. He is a 19 year old, self proclaimed Entrepreneur who thinks he is Richard Branson or something. Admittedly he has a good site but its way to commercial in my opinion with earning money being way too prioritised.

Bottom line, if you have anything to sell he wants you to pay to use the forum as a seller. Even if your posts are nothing to do with selling or buying but just general chit chat on a forum. Personally, I am loathed to be part of the small percentage of people who has to pay to use something that 99% of the users can get for free just because I work for a wholesaler.

Personally, I distrust any commercial website that wont publish contact details (addresses & phone numbers), all of the whois info for all of the domains in his group are hidden. There is a web development side of his company that is "under construction" and has been for some time judging by the cached dates from google & whois.sc -

If you own a company and charge people money for a service but leave no means of contact outside your network of sites what happens when there is a problem? You get screwed! Thats what!!!

I did manage to get hold of his address but he probably lives at home with mommy and works out of his bedroom or garage. I did considering drafting a formal letter to him explaining the situation but was not sure how a kid would take to recieving it - the last thing we want is someone who has earned some influence in our field bad mouthing our websites.

Lorna

Yellow Belt
I also got banned from a forum for 'spamming'.

However I posted in a section called 'commercial announcements welcome' so I don't see how they could call promoting your site spamming? Either ou can commerically announce or you cant!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.