Guaranteed way to keep traffic coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Hello marketing/SEO gurus, how do you think traffic flow cam be maintained to a site giving the erratic nature of Google this days. A client of mine was well placed on Google for some keywords which he has now lost, he is not keen about Adsense because he think its over priced. He is only interested
 

myshtern

Yellow Belt
temi said:
Hello marketing/SEO gurus, how do you think traffic flow cam be maintained to a site giving the erratic nature of Google this days. A client of mine was well placed on Google for some keywords which he has now lost, he is not keen about Adsense because he think its over priced. He is only interested
Adsense can be utilized very well in certain cases so that it costs very little and is very effective.

The best way is to VERY specific with the keyword phrases you are targeting.
Temi, let me know if you need some help with this.
 

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
But the competition for some keywords are just extremely fierce, web hosting for example, I understand some company are bidding as much as £5 for that, there is not way that can be cost effective for a small organisation that does not have lots of money to burn
 

myshtern

Yellow Belt
Web hosting would be a challenge, but if he has a certain niche, using PPC would be much simpler. You just need to target very precise in depth phrases. Your ROI is much higher for going in depth rather than just promoting the phrase web hosting.

Sponsoring a forum in his case might be good.
Also, offline advertising could do a lot if he is advertising in the right area to the right people.
 
M

MassDebation.com

I think it comes down to budget. If you really want to spend nothing at all, then it's the long road... and it can very well work!

Experimentation with content is a useful way of gleeming what the SE's want, and I've found it helps to start with targetting more obscure keywords where there is not so much competition. Then once I see top placement, I target a less obscure keyword/phrase. Wait for results... move on to a more competitive term... wait for results... and so on.

I don't like the idea of ppc, since I feel that the quality declines on the web. When webmaster's clients can just fork out the cash for the instant results, then we get more and more high-ranking pages that were banged together in an hour - rather than the well-thought-out pages that are always being worked on, year after year, to get it just right for SE's as well as intended audience. :eek:

How do you feel about this?
 

dvduval

Yellow Belt
A lot of the best results come from personal involvement in a site. Find could link exchange partners. Develop a mailing list of interested people. Run a discussion forum.
 

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
dvduval said:
A lot of the best results come from personal involvement in a site. Find could link exchange partners. Develop a mailing list of interested people. Run a discussion forum.
Good point dvduval, I think discussion forum is particularly very potent if run well
 
F

fcolor

I think that you have to have links on imporatant web sites in your service area that should contain your most important keywords. this way you wil lreceive better rank.

Regards
Dimitar
 

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
fcolor said:
I think that you have to have links on imporatant web sites in your service area that should contain your most important keywords. this way you wil lreceive better rank.

Regards
Dimitar

Dimitar,
You are absolutely correct, keyword from site in similar business will be beneficial
talking of which you seem to be in hosting, I am into web hosting too. If you will like to exchange links with some of my sites please PM me

Temi
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top