Hackers Are Too Bored to Attack Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
Hackers are continuously attacking vulnerable targets but sometimes, they are looking to infiltrate into one of the most known companies. As you surely know, Microsoft is one of the most attacked firms, numerous hackers trying
to exploit vulnerabilities and connect to their computers. It seems like the security company Symantec is now the most attracting target for hackers because it owns much more security tools than the provider of the well-known Windows operating system.

Symantec is often identified as the company that developed Norton Antivirus, one of the leaders of the security utilities currently on the market. Although it is very powerful, the security experts discovered numerous flaws to be exploited and make affected computers even more powerful. Because Microsoft is one of the most accessible and vulnerable victims, the hackers are now bored and are looking for a more challenging target for their attacks.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Hackers-Are-Too-Bored-To-Attack-Microsoft-48617.shtml

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
I used to work for a sports betting company. I can't mention their name but the lengths they went to to protect their online systems was extraordinary. The company had an 11 tear microsoft internet data centre (it took up several racks) each tear was seperated from all the other tears by the use of CISCO PIX'S. Each part of the application was on a different tear and only specific data of specific size, etc on specific out of band ports could pass through. It truly was impossible to hack, if as a hacker you got through one tier it didnt matter as you couldnt do anything without going through all eleven in both directions.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
that sounds very reasonable to me, you can imagine lots of people trying to hack into a betting company or a bank and other institutiona that deals with money

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
I don't understand that. If you are smart enought to hack , you can easily obtain money from working in securing systems ,or even building secured system for a company , bank or any other institution. I think this thing with hacking is more about some people trying to show off...

Status
Not open for further replies.