Happy Birhtday Johnnie

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Reynolds

JW O.B.E. is 63 today, Many happy returns Johnnie

But 'you're still too into the music.....man' (thank goodness)

H

Helen May

Hi Mike,

I just remembered that it's his birthday today as well. Missed the first few mins of the show. Is he live today?

H

M

Mike Reynolds

I'm not sure if it is live, Aitch, but he did mention being 36 today (tee hee!)

R

Red Baron

I haven't heard him give out the email - that's normally a clue if he is on live! I wouldn't be on my birthday - would you??

Happy, err, 36th birthday Johnnie!

:hb4:

RB

M

Mike Reynolds

Up to a few years ago, drugs, ladies of the night, and booze, not sure what the secret is now, though!

H

Helen May

Love this Eagles track, he played this on his last R1 show.

H

Not heard the email so he's out celebrating ;)

M

Mike Reynolds

Great song, brings back memories of a great holiday in Spain a few years ago, the duo on at the hotel always started with 'Peaceful Easy Feeling' -

Of course I know his secret now, the love of a good woman (Tiggy) - no wonder I'm looking so haggard!

S

scorpio

:bday2: Mr Walker.

Looking good at 63... 8)

He's just played Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

O

Oldraver

Happy Birthday Johnnie...and here's to many, many more... :redw:

Must burn me Jeff Buckley CD ....thanks Scorps...

L

Lord Evan Elpuss

Whenever I hear that song, I can't help but think of that time when Jeremy played a different version of 'Hallelujah' every day. I can't remember every version heard but I remember it started off with the, then current version by Katheryn Williams & I remember that Jeff Buckley was on one day & I think Rufus Wainright? Can anyone else fill the gaps? I don't think I've heard Katheryn's version since that time.
I too wish Johnnie many happy returns of the day & hope, if he was 'painting the town red', he had one or two for me!!

M

Mike Reynolds

I can't remember the other versions, either, Phil, but I love the song, and Jeff Buckley's version, which I too heard on JWs show today, always reduces me to tears. Absolutely brilliant.

I

Ian Mac

I think the first one was by the man himself, Leonard Cohen, who wrote the song.

I think there was one more, but i can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.