Have you ever been hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony

Yellow Belt
I have been hacked on three occassions now. The first two were due to problems with the script I was using and were just homepage replacements. They were because of vulnerabilities in php-nuke and Joomla. The last time I had a phishing script installed because i had misconfigured the webserver - I spotted it really quickly luckily.

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
hacked

as a Linux user I am very susceptable to hackers and must make sure my configurations for web facing apps is a swater tight as I can get it.

I havent been hacked but dont really consider a homepage redirect to be hacked, this can come down in malicious code in a website or even a flash applets can have malicious payloads.

I personally reccommend firefox for this reason as content can be blocked and explicitly allowed to run if it is deemed ok. Most people just get firefox and say "it's great" without knowing why or to seem "cool"

Just always configure your apps and check the defaults are ok and you wont get hacked

Peace

Blackleo

White Belt
I haven't been hacking but this one time in Counter-Strike Source I glitched off a map to the bottom and got banned cause I was cade breaking. (It was fun and mostlikely the last time I was going to do that for that round.

oby_one

White Belt
I can give you a software to practic, it can hack yahoo mail, gmail, or even website,PM if you interest

Status
Not open for further replies.