Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Experience Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Site?

Discussion in 'General Business Topics' started by networld, Feb 2, 2016.

1. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    In my early days of online earning career I had been scammed by a number of sites and most of them were PTCs. I thought it would be a good option to earn easy money and as time passes I realized that most of them were not going to pay me anything. They were turning into scam sites one by one.

I also got another blow from an article writing site called “Bubblews”. I wrote close to 200 articles there and when I was about to withdraw my first $50 it started showing signs of weakness. They drastically reduced the pay rates and also cut down the bank balance of members.

Have you ever been scammed by an online earning site?

2. richj8am30

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I am sorry to inform you, but many of these online earning sites are false advertising. What they are not expecting is to have to dish out a substantial amount of money at a very fast pace. This seems to be their biggest nightmare given that their goal is to receive money from the sites that are advertising through them for providing a promised amount of people who are willing to do the minimal amount of work required. Even if they claim that your earning possibilities are endless, they will usually flake when you become ambitious. What I usually do with sites like these is withdraw as soon as I recieve the minimal amount of points that is required for me to be able to receive the money that has been promised.

#2 richj8am30, Feb 2, 2016 at 8:41 PM
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  3. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    I have scammed by some HYIP sites. Did you hear about them? Well, make some search to figure out what they are. They claim to give you some amount after one day or two if you make some deposit to their account.

They will fulfill the promise for a few days and then run away.

4. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Bubblews has paid me at about $2,000. Sadly, it did not pay more than $300. I remember a PTC then called Vilvin which robbed a lot of money. My brother got thousands of dollars lost because of that site. I also remember Profit Clicking which did not pay me. It is back as Ad Clicks Express but I am not interested anymore.

5. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I was one of those people who are being scammed by many opportunities in the internet. I have totally wasted my time on them in terms of giving my all out effort to make money with them. When I was still a newbie back then, I saw some websites that could pay me $5 per single click of an advertisement, and they're too good to be true. But I really don't mind back then, and I learned my lesson the very hard way. One of them is Awsurveys, and I earned a lot of money with them, but never get paid. I also participated in some HYIP and autosurf sites as well, and I ended up getting scammed too. Just be careful and do your research in terms of finding opportunities online.

6. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    If you are working online you met different types of people. Weighing everyone on equally gets you scammed. I do not think if someone who never ripped off working online and if there is someone he must be very especial or not meeting with people around the globe.

I have been working online since 2009 and scammed a many time but i always take people positively even if they scammed me or not. Working online is full of chances and we should act FAIR because this is the only way you can establish relationship and business.

7. patrickkenyi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    I am actually not sure if I am in the process of getting scammed by a revenue sharing site. I joined some months ago and invested some money which worked out well for a few months, but recently they said they are going through some problems so you can neither deposit nor withdraw any cash, including your earnings. They say it is only temporary and I hope that is the case, but then again they have been saying that for over a month now.

8. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Fortunately for me I've been pretty lucky as I've never lost out on any site up to now, even though I've been working online for quite a while now.

Being scammed isn't something to be ashamed of though and its getting more and more common these days, so if I continue to work with various sites like I do, I've no doubt that one day I will be!

9. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    I haven't been scammed by any sites but I lost some money about $50 when the content writing team for whom I have been working vanished suddenly without any intimation. They did not respond to me to my email messages. Regarding writing sites and forums I prefer to work on those sites which do not have any restriction on minimum withdrawal limit. I think it will be a safer option.

10. SirJoe

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    Multiple times in different areas, such as PTC, Hyip's, affiliate sites and autosurfers. I think it comes with the territory, unless you just do blogging or have a site with adsense sooner or later you will be scammed.
    The worst scam sites have to be hyip's hands down. There is no other type of site that comes close.

11. briannagodess

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    I haven't been really scammed by sites I worked for before. I guess what's keeping me away from them is the high payout threshold. Like for iWriter, I think I have still a few dollars in there. But I can't withdraw it until I reach 20 dollars. Then with another site, I think it's Weegy, it also has a high payout threshold. So I'm thankful for sites that has no minimum payout threshold or at least a 5 dollar minimum.

12. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I have been scammed by couple HYIP, and Bubblews and CPG Gallery (both writing sites). On Bubblews and CPG Gallery I lost the money I had earned through activities,however, on HYIP Iost cash I had earned by various activities.

13. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    You are right. A high payout threshold could be an indicator of a scam underground. Most of the times the members find it difficult to reach the cash out limit and leave the site without asking for a payment. Even if they managed to reach the limit, it would be too late to cash out as the site would have been turned a scam by then. Nowadays I also avoid sites with high withdrawal limits. After all it is the money earned by us, then why should there be a high withdrawal limit.

14. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I think everyone faces the same situation in the beginning by joining scam sites or the sites with very low income. I have faced both such sites. Initially I thought that low payment was the only possible method of earning and the ones that promised a moon and paid nothing was normal. But then as the time passed I learned about few good sites. I am still in learning process.

15. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    CGP Gallery had scammed me as well. I had about $100 being robbed off. It paid other users in the beginning which is to give false hopes to other users.

16. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I have also been scammed by CGP Gallery, but fortunately not much. I was only half way to the cash out limit of $20 (think it is correct) and by then I could sense the bad signals from other members.

Recently there was one more site called Beer Money Nation which closed down in a matter of few months (or weeks I guess). But I got paid twice from the. The owner was quite genuine in making payments and they also kept a low withdrawal level. I think the admin was no experienced enough to run the show for long.

17. SirJoe

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    There are even sites that don't have a minimum payout that can be scam sites, but what I can say is what ever you have been doing till now, carry on doing.

18. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Before I use a website for any reason whatsoever, I always do a bit of research on them. Using a website to verify that it's legitimate is a great way to do so. Also, asking around on Reddit could help too. With these methods I have never been scammed, but of course that could change eventually :p .

19. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    Same here, I was also a victim of Bubblews. It's just sad considering that it was my first try in working online to earn money. That 2-month period of waiting for redemption is what did us in because we continue working for 2 months without a hint that the site owners would declare bankruptcy due to spamming. It was foolish on their part and stupid on the part of the writers. Sorry for the word but I really felt stupid to be scammed by such a site.

20. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    There was a time when I fell for an online item that sounded very enticing because of the positive comments. What I did not realize is that those comments could have been made by bots to fool you into thinking their product is any good. After what happened, I always make sure to do some research or background check before buying anything online.