My Suggestion Having A Mobile Friendly Website Design

challengewriter

Lara
Blue Belt
Today the world is dominated by the ever growing usage of smart mobile devices, in this case the phones and tablets of the many brands which provide us with these gadgets. Nowadays, a lot of us cannot do without our phones or tablets, as we use them not only to stay in touch with our friends and family, but to fulfill some necessary wants and needs we may have, these gadgets have become our very private and personal assistants, as they perform and help with the different functions we carry out every day. With our smart tablets and phones, we have access to many different things, especially the internet, which means instant access to information that is being sought after, this why it is very important that websites, should be mobile-friendly.

Mobile-friendly is when a website user interface is at its best and easy to navigate, no matter what platform is being used by its visitor to view it. A website, that visitors have to zoom in on, in order to navigate and read the content on the page easily, means it is showing the desktop version of the site and that the website is not mobile friendly. A mobile friendly site is responsive in nature and will change in order to meet the requirement of the platform/browser of the device that it is being used to view it, which means it optimizes a site for every individual user.

For example, I will use my blog.
Desktop View
aAZYgSC.jpg

Tablet View

rBlrYLH.jpg

Smartphone View

mp9zviJ.jpg

A mobile friendly site ensures that users and visitors will definitely have a comfortable and easy time navigating the site, especially when it is ensuring that users are comfortable and can access what they are searching for sharply.

Surveys that have been carried out over the past years, have shown that mobile far exceeds the usage of a desktop or laptop, with the smartphone exceeding the usage of tablets also. The number of people who access the internet and do so with their smart mobile devices is humongous and continuously growing, including the percentage of people who only access the internet through smart mobile devices.

A mobile-friendly website is extremely social media friendly and when something is social media friendly, that means it has the ability to generate and get a huge load of traffic as it can be linked to the different social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram etc. this ensures that content of the website can be easily shared and accessed by potential users and visitors across the web.

Most of this social media apps are already installed on the smart devices, which in place allows easy sharing of links and the different content of a webpage with just a single click of a button which takes the user directly to the social media app or webpage to share the website content.

Businesses will only benefit from mobile-friendly website and it is worth every penny, time and effort spent on creating a mobile-friendly site, as in today’s online world not having a mobile friendly site, will tend to drive users and visitors aware, that’s even why some enterprises go as far as creating mobile applications of their websites, that can be installed unto the smart device.

Google helps websites that are mobile friendly and uses it to their advantage because, they want to provide good, worthwhile and useful search results for mobile devices, as it is highly used and generates plenty of traffic for a website. Google includes a website's mobile friendliness in its rank generating algorithms, meaning a website will most-likely never rank in it top search pages from search results on the search engine if it doesn’t have a mobile-friendly feature.

Reasons You Should Have a Mobile Friendly Website
  1. Very easy to access information about a brand, subject, equipment or object on the go.
  2. One-third of online traffic is generated from smart mobile devices.
  3. Businesses, big or small will only benefit from having a mobile-friendly site.
  4. Almost everyone owns some a smart mobile device as it has become a necessity.
  5. The amount of time users spend on smart mobile devices is higher than other media gadgets.
  6. Mobile shopping activities is higher than that of desktop shopping activity.
  7. Conversion rates are doubled on mobile-friendly sites.
  8. There is a high rise in the advertising business, especially through the use of smart mobile devices.
  9. A mobile-friendly website is one of the determining factors on if to get a business mobile application.
  10. The ability to easily link social media account, allows for a wide range of audience.
rsz_nettl_ad.jpg

Don’t let your website embarrass you and mobile-friendly websites are the way forward.

MyDigitalpoint

Definitely today is necessary to have mobile-friendly website to succeed on the web, and it is always advisable double check yours is by using an online service that checks for compatibility.

Personally I like to make my website design based on bootstrap, what guarantees the site will always look fine regardless the device a surfer is using to access it.

challengewriter

Lara
Blue Belt
Definitely today is necessary to have mobile-friendly website to succeed on the web, and it is always advisable double check yours is by using an online service that checks for compatibility.

Personally I like to make my website design based on bootstrap, what guarantees the site will always look fine regardless the device a surfer is using to access it.
I don't know what bootstrap is, but I also check that whatever website them I use has mobile friendly usage active and not just any kind, one that looks good on smaller devices than a desktop.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Well written and informative post, it is so true that more than 30% of web traffic is mobile today. While looking at the stats for WebmasterServe I was surprised to see 30% of visitors here are also using mobile, either smartphones or tablets. I regularly monitor google tools to check for compatibility issues and make a note of things which need to be changed on this website to make it more accessible and useful to mobile users. Not just for generating traffic, but mainly because my goal was to provide a good informative and friendly platform where people can share knowledge and learn something new on every visit. Keeping WMS accessible to mobile users is a part of that goal and I intend to put more efforts in making it user friendly to majority of our visitors.

Good point about the social media integration aspect, certainly we all know people are always logged into their FB and twitter on their smartphones and it becomes much more easier and convenient to share informative content with their friends and followers if they were browsing a mobile friendly site, the more shares on social media translates into more traffic for the website and higher search engine ranking.

I second your opinion that anyone creating or upgrading their website should not ignore the mobile aspect and should make their website responsive and mobile friendly. Agree with @MyDigitalpoint 's comment about bootstrap, some of the best responsive sites made today are made on bootstrap and it does provide a really smooth and user friendly interface when it comes to different screen sizes.

@challengewriter you should've posted your blog in your signature or linked to it in your thread, after reading your articles people would certainly wanna check out your blog for more informative content.

challengewriter

Lara
Blue Belt
@Solmak Adding useful content to the forum is one of my goals, I took your advice and added the link to my signature, although I don't have much to offer on it. Is bootstrap a website for making websites?

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Caution, it gets a bit nerdy here. Bootstrap is an HTML, CSS and Javascript framework developed by the Twitter team to help in developing responsive user friendly interfaces and webpages. It has all kinds of components which are used in web pages, like buttons, navigation components, menus, content areas and more. It has a grid system where the screen is divided by grid-lines which guide how components should be located in relation to each other so they can be user friendly on all screen sizes. It has guidelines on how a responsive website should look, feel and function. It is pretty much a sleek way of designing the new generation web pages. If you see a website with flat icons, buttons, sleek minimal design and components laid out in grids on the screen which change position based on the screen/window size, there is a great chance it was built on bootstrap, although there are several other frameworks and approaches in building responsive web pages.

It uses more CSS code instead of images, to say - make shows effects on text, add border styles, table designs and even interactive hover effects. In the past webpages used a lot of graphics and images to have a 3D or colorful look, these days CSS can accomplish a lot of those tasks without the use of excessive images.

@challengewriter Oh yes I finally see the pink link to your blog in your signature!

bharath

@challengewriter
I have tested in the past with my android and seen the slideshow won't appear in android phone.It's good to start with bootstrap as it helps in connecting with so many things and easy to customize. I tried once when I was using Hotaru CMS, but that took some time to proceed further.

If you like to be a programmer, then start with Bootstrap and in these days we find so many people who are in competition for anything. I agree that every site should be mobile friendly as we see every country gonna be a Digital.

@Solmak
The signature is not visible to guests can you make it for visitors too, so members can get some traffic if possible.

challengewriter

Lara
Blue Belt
@challengewriter
I have tested in the past with my android and seen the slideshow won't appear in android phone.It's good to start with bootstrap as it helps in connecting with so many things and easy to customize. I tried once when I was using Hotaru CMS, but that took some time to proceed further.

If you like to be a programmer, then start with Bootstrap and in these days we find so many people who are in competition for anything. I agree that every site should be mobile friendly as we see every country gonna be a Digital.
Oh, well I only use premade themes, as I am not an actual designer, I can see a vision but its up to someone else to bring it to life for me, thanks for that @bharath

Last edited:

Oldwriter

Content Writer
Hello dear friends, count me in! I too agree supporting mobile is the way to go these days.

I'm aligned with the progressive enhancement school of thought, yet once the capabilities of a device are detected you should feel free to go “full blown” and make the best site you can :) Off-the-web I do prefer native applications rather than the lowest common denominator path for cross-platform development, but that's another history (native always wins).

On the web, if your website doesn't display on your current user's device, that's a lost visitor and a possible customer gone, hence the ability to display even on basic (i.e. outdated) devices is a must when you care about making the most out of your web audience.

Bear in mind people don't tend to specifically update their device's software for a single website.

You may get away with forcing your users to upgrade if you have a captive audience comprised by fans mostly; for the rest of websites, it's better to adapt to what the user has rather than expecting them to upgrade just for you. At least that's the common-sense approach ;)

Oldwriter

Content Writer
Oh, well I only use premade themes,
IMHO there's nothing wrong with doing templates and/or reusing and extending someone else's work. There are great (free!) resources you can use as a foundation for your design adventures, with the authors being thrilled to have their works used for this very purpose.

A fine place offering free responsive templates for the taking is HTML5UP.net

Please do check them out! You might want to appropriate the design of one or two of their templates for giving them your particular spin and forking your own end-product.

Wishes of success for your personal design skills improvement.

Remember: design tools are free; FOSS is your friend.

Cheers!

cheezcarls

It's Game Time!
This is a wonderful post that you are sharing to us @challengewriter. I highly appreciate this post, especially when it comes to the importance of mobile friendly designed website. When I have an affiliate marketing blog before, I choose a design that isn't mobile friendly and it still displays as a desktop version using my iPad. I did realize that I need to do something to make this mobile friendly, so what I did was to look for a theme that is suitable for my niche and can be mobile friendly, and it really worked on my part. Mobile users are growing nowadays, and it may surpass those who are sitting at the computer. It means that mobile traffic is getting bigger, so we really need to have our websites mobile-friendly as soon as possible.

challengewriter

Lara
Blue Belt
IMHO there's nothing wrong with doing templates and/or reusing and extending someone else's work. There are great (free!) resources you can use as a foundation for your design adventures, with the authors being thrilled to have their works used for this very purpose.

A fine place offering free responsive templates for the taking is HTML5UP.net

Please do check them out! You might want to appropriate the design of one or two of their templates for giving them your particular spin and forking your own end-product.

Wishes of success for your personal design skills improvement.

Remember: design tools are free; FOSS is your friend.

Cheers!
You're very right about that, I love using others themes, as it not only saves time, but it something beautiful as already been created by someone that is talented and me using his or her theme is enabling and promoting the persons work, so it's a win-win situation, as web designers, need people to actually use their themes for them to be successful, free or paid.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
@challengewriter As a writer who has limited time, I don't think one should focus on creating a theme, since there are plenty of free wordpress themes and premium wordpress themes available online beautifully crafted and coded for almost every niche and category, it is worth spending time in checking out the demos of some good themes and then selecting a good theme with positive reviews and sticking to it and focusing on writing.

The signature is not visible to guests can you make it for visitors too, so members can get some traffic if possible.
@bharath Signatures were hidden from guests and non-members to keep the focus on the content and SEO advantages, I have made signature visible to non-members now, your signatures will now be visible to everyone visiting WMS.

ellyjude

Statistics show that 67% of people do not revisit a website once they have troubles with it. Just as it is said, to succeed in the web industry then a website must be mobile friendly. Anyone with suggestions on how i can get anyone to transform my website to be mobile friendly?

Furqan Rashid

Statistics show that 67% of people do not revisit a website once they have troubles with it. Just as it is said, to succeed in the web industry then a website must be mobile friendly. Anyone with suggestions on how i can get anyone to transform my website to be mobile friendly?
Really nice Discussion on mobile friendly site. It's true that you are required to create a mobile friendly website. As the technology is progressing the use of mobile phone is also increasing. So if you want to get more traffic to your website you need to make it user friendly. Thanks

ellyjude

Really nice Discussion on mobile friendly site. It's true that you are required to create a mobile friendly website. As the technology is progressing the use of mobile phone is also increasing. So if you want to get more traffic to your website you need to make it user friendly. Thanks
Do you have any website for yourself? I was planning to start a website since i hear that it is easy money but i really have no idea about the most profitable website to start. Can you help?

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
If you don't optimize your site to become mobile friendly, your site will appear unorganized when a visitor visit the page on the mobile phone. This will cause the user to abandon the page. By making the site mobile friendly, the user will be able to easily navigate around your content and stay on the site longer. Mobile friendly template load faster on mobile phones compared to the normal websites. It is recommended that you create a separate HTML site for mobile users if you want to rank on top of Google mobile search.

Furqan Rashid

Do you have any website for yourself? I was planning to start a website since i hear that it is easy money but i really have no idea about the most profitable website to start. Can you help?
Do you want a website that should start earning , means a website that should get some income to your doorsteps at the end of month. Or you area looking for a new website designed for your business. Could you please clarify. That would be easier. Thanks

Petesede

I actually got tired of running so many versions of my website and having to adjust 3 different versions every time I updated a page. Instead, I just created a site that is mobile friendly, but still looks good on desktop. I think responsive sites are great, and having a -m version of our site is useful, but if you are a small time webmaster doing your own site while creating your own content. Save yourself a headache and just work with a mobile friendly version and make it look good on desktop.

Bilal Nasir

It's really going to help you out in promoting your business as usage of mobile phone is increasing day by day. Every body use it for internet and surfing purpose as well.