Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Help Needed For Prestashop

Discussion in 'Shopping Cart Software or Services' started by tipstechtut, Feb 2, 2016.

1. tipstechtut

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    I am creating one online store for friend with Prestashop, it will be used for mobile app, not a web-store. But, Getting some error. I am looking on to this this error. Wanna know if anybody got same error, or have any idea to how to get rid of this error.

"The Product selection cannot be delivered by the available carrier(s). Please amend your cart. "

Further more, How to setup store to India base, and remove default country US?
    I setup India, but not getting how to remove US. I am using default theme of PrestaShop

Thanks in advance for your precious help.

Haha nobody replied yet?

BTW I sort it out by myself. Seems here nobody knows this problem or nobody faced about this error.
    Anyway thanks always.

2. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    You mean you want to open up a business with partnership and you want to develop a application from for your business and facing a problem to an error I suggest you to go any software developer and give your proposal to create your mobile software for your business when you have not lot of money from your business then you easily go with partnership and open up your business then after think about it.

3. Rahul Kumar Pandey

White Belt

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    PrestaShop is a free shopping cart platform and run a successful online store.If you facing that type of problem you go to any software developer and make your website mobile friendly.this is technical thing as like System requirements,FTP server,your MySQL database analysis these thing and i assure if you give innovation with your project its done.

4. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    @tipstechtut@tipstechtut
    I am too using Prestashop, but still the store is under development. I haven.t seen this thread from the date you posted, Glad you have already solved it, but if you get any problems or have good solutions then share here.
    For the default country you need to add in admin panel and all of the Currency automatically converted it into Rupees based on IP.

5. tipstechtut

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Thanks for your massage.I think you understood prestashop as a partership. I was talking about prestashop e-commerce online website.

This business is already setup on local base in India and now growing, we have website for it already, and selling from it. We getting virus in every week on that site so didn't want to make custom app from that website. So, I decided to make sub-domain and tried prestashop. Thank you for your time

Prestashop is responsive already but what I came to know for mobile shopping there are some error can be shown. May be we can use it with some technique. Hope we can use it in every way.

@bharath@bharath, Yes i assumed you too using prestashop. Below are the steps; how i solved it.

Step 1: I checked countries menu under localization tab and did enabled for India.
    Step 2: I enabled zone area under localization tab, it should enable where we are going to sell products by clicking them under the column. Asia as an example for India. I realized supposed to enabled this before but I didn't ..that's why i got problem.
    Step 3: And then i created new carrier for the shipping. Its under the Shipping->Carriers menu. and filled all the necessary things such as carrier price range, package size, weight etc. and it should be aware about customer group, visitor or guest should be able to use this carrier.
    But presently, what noticed, we can't buy products from mobile site, from android based smartphone or tab, but can buy from iphone, ipad.

I felt strange about why date of birth should be mandatory on prestashop registration and there were some less important box such as Title Mr. Mrs. etc. I able to handled to remove it from my front page. I will share about it here soon.

#5 tipstechtut, Feb 18, 2016 at 10:40 AM
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  6. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    Well I haven't tried registering by myself into my store. only admin user ID was usable to make settings.
    I just checked now and we need to first add the items to cart and then register into the site, can you tell me how to set direct registrations instead of adding items to cart.
    Did you removed the date of birth from registration form? if yes then how you did it?

I have already made settings for the currency and shipping will do it soon. Can you tell me what type of payment processor you are using?
    Any low percentage payment processor that is good for Indians, also any settings for direct depositing money in to bank.

7. tipstechtut

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Dear Bharath, I am sorry for the late response, was quite busy with some stuffs.

I have no idea about your first question and this is good to choose item to cart for store i think. why we do register for shop simple answer is to buy things isn't it?
    so it is useful to choose item to register to account. It is my personal view only.

we now using cash on delivery method only for local based. we will use Authorize.net too in coming days.
    Yes there is setting for direct deposit money on bank. you find this under module and services and find out Bank Wire module

To remove date of birth from the front page. You need to touch some code.

Go to the your theme, then find out authentication.tpl open it and find out a piece of code around line 133 and do {*comments*} Using {* ..*} or remove it

From {* <div class =”form group date –select”> ….
    …..
    <option value=”{$year}” {if{$s1_year)} ==$year)} selected=”selected”{/if}{$year}&nbsp;&nbsp;</option>
    {/foreach}
    </select>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    *}

And also look at on same authentication.tpl around line 452. Do the same as above.
    And then look under identity.tpl around line 88.
    Order-opc-new-account.tpl around 88

After editing you save all files and do clear catch from the Advanced Parameters->Performance on your backoffice(dashboard)
    Or see Template Complication check on Force Complication and click on yes on clear tab.
    And then click on save.

It should be gone now DOB from registration form.

#7 tipstechtut, Feb 22, 2016 at 1:01 PM
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  8. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    Hi thanks

No issue for delayed response, but I discovered your response is excellent and a developer on Prestashop.. I have seen on some shopping cart sites about cash on delivery, but do you know what will happen if the buyer won't buy the products when we deliver to them? Do we need to pay the delivery fees or the buyer will pay anything in advance?

I checked the site authorize net, but did not get how much they demand for each deal and do you know anything about delivery discounts? I discovered two websites one I did not remember and the other is pick-parcel where we get for 50 percent amount than courier branches.

I will update the site today in night and will let you know few more questions.

Hi,
    Thanks a bunch for your help and just removed Date of birth, could you let me know how you are integrated with analytic s or webmaster tools for PrestaShop.
    I am not seeing the best tracking as most of the people are visiting the site using Gmail.

9. Raj Gawdi

Raj Gawdi Website Laten Maken en Logo Ontwerpen
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    i have got one question:

this issue appeared without any reason? or maybe you changed something? or updated?

10. darkness

darkness New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I sincerely have used Prestashop and I do not see it as effective for me. So I switched to creating a website using wordpress and found it to be much more effective. There are many plugin themes I can select and change easily. Management and statistics are also very easy if you use ecom themes. Moreover, there are many plugins that support the sale and follow the customer as well as provide customers with potential choices when they choose a product. any product my language is so bad i know that please sympathize :(