Host Company Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyTech

Yellow Belt
Anyone else noticing the same trend these days? It seems like each and every day a new company with ______ Hosting pops up, and at this point it's hard to think of a name that hasn't been inserted in front of Hosting to become a company name. I guess this comes from the trend of virtually anyone jumping into hosting, but it's still something to laugh at.

Moondancer

Yellow Belt
Yeah, we had that problem with jc-hosting, too... and the bad part is I'm afraid to be associated with jchosting with no dash in there.. they suck.

CrazyTech

Yellow Belt
I just think it's funny with the lack of imagination used to come up with these names. I mean just about every new host comes up with an adjective to place in front of hosting. I don't mean in any way that every host that does it is bad or anything, but it shows (at least to me) a lack of really caring. It's just liked someone slapped a name together that would fit and could suggest the same of their services versus thinking up a different and creative name to distance your company from the other thousand+ companies that say almost the exact same thing.

Moondancer

Yellow Belt
yeah, that's true but you know.. the jc in jc-hosting does have meaning, lol.. it's for jamesc, after all.. but all other servers after those are filled will be under the totalweb name but that name came later than the jc-hosting one

Status
Not open for further replies.