Help Me/Question Hosting Multiple Websites

Vinaya

I have a shared hosting plan and I have hosted my website with this shared hosting plan. My hosting packages says "host up to 3 websites." What does this exactly mean? Does this mean that I can host two more domains?

Prasoon Arora

White Belt
What I could understand from your words are that your hosting company is providing you space to host 3 website/ 3 separate domain. I am aware about the hosting services that host your any third party website with their server, but I am not aware of any company with the services to host 3 websites.
I would further request you to please let us know the hosting service provider name so that I can add more knowledge to my database.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
The hosting company is offering you to host maximum of 3 domains/websites with them after that you need to upgrade your account to some other packages that might host more domains. If you have fixed number of website to work with in a certain time frame, it is a good idea to start a few website. If the business grows and you find that you need more website, you can jump to other host or to upgrade with your current hosting.

In your case, you already have a root domain hosted with your hosting company and you are allowed to add 2 more domains maximum to entertain their services.
I know a few hosting that are dirt cheap and the service is stunning, if you want to.

Pooja Sharma

@Vinaya :

I have never heard for any company providing you to host three domains separately with the same web hosting package. However, there are number of web hosting service provider who provides one domain and two sub domains, package and all.
In your case, as what I know every domain needs to have their own web hosting account, as in the same account three index.html files can not exist, if we thinks for different extension : index.php,index.html and index.htm only one index page would be displayed.
Please provide your hosting service provider name for further details.

suleman

Content Writer
You are allowed to host up to 3 domains on the server you purchased. This is what I understand from the words you used to share your problem.

However, hosting more than one site is good ideas only if you can handle them at once. Otherwise, consider updating your single site.

Pooja Sharma

@suleman
@Manish

Have you guys have ever experienced hosting three different websites from the same file manager. Its making me more confused.
Every web hosting service provider provides, one file manager tab, and the file manager can have only specific index page to display the homepage. Then how is it possible to host your three different websites with the same domain.

There could be the possibility of hosting one domain and two subdomains attached to the same website.
as abc.com a domain and help.abc.com or support.abc.com as subdomains.

Or the hosting service providers would be providing three hosting services associated with three domains separately with same package.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
@suleman
@Manish

Have you guys have ever experienced hosting three different websites from the same file manager. Its making me more confused?
Well, not 3 website but 100 actually with my bluehost. If you are aware of Cpanel, file mananger is the best way where you can meet your all domains files and folders.
Open your Cpanel, domainname.com/cpanel, hit enter.
click on file manager, click on each domain whichever you want to have access for.
Here you are accessing all files and folders from as many sites you have on this server.
I hope this guide help you.

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
Yes, you can host up to 3 websites on your hosting plan. If you choose the unlimited hosting plan, you can host as many websites as you want.

Pooja Sharma

Control panel consists of Web hosting control panel, business control panel and domain control panel.
Yes you can have number of domains (unlimited), and have the webhosting services associated but separately. If I am right, I know I am.

Now please clear the following doubts :
1.Do with the same package more domains can be associated or there is a package per domain. If you have used more than one domain with the same package please provide the host name .
2. What I think, single account with web hosting (your bluehost)service providers can associate number of account for number of domains, with one Business control panels and separate Hosting control panel, and others.
3. Every webhosting control panel have one file manager, which redirect one home page. Now how can you have three different websites hosted with one domain plan with the same hosting service provider.

Please correct me If I am wrong.

Vinaya

@Vinaya :

I have never heard for any company providing you to host three domains separately with the same web hosting package. However, there are number of web hosting service provider who provides one domain and two sub domains, package and all.
In your case, as what I know every domain needs to have their own web hosting account, as in the same account three index.html files can not exist, if we thinks for different extension : index.php,index.html and index.htm only one index page would be displayed.
Please provide your hosting service provider name for further details.
I think they are talking about histing three websites. The package reads host upto three websites (Number of domains with their own web sites, subdomains, email accounts and DNS records that you may host in your cPanel account).
I think they are letting me to host three domains with this package. I will check the the FAQ of the web hosting

LusoVPS

Yellow Belt
If you are looking at a tangible data center/ service model, where are your servers physically located? Are you given a choice in location?

RockFord

The big thing for me is the uptime, and reliability, alongside good prices (in comparison with quality) and I also like to see some good support just for peace of mind.