Neutral Hosting With Uk2.net? Simple Advice Is Don't Its A Useless Hosting Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
As we all know, there are hundreds if now thousands of web hosting company, each claiming to be better than the other etc etc, well, if you come across a UK hosting company called UK2.NET, my suggestion is that you should host your site with any hosting company EXCEPT UK2.NET . They are utterly unreliable when it comes to keeping your site online but they have the cheek to claim 100% up time.

I bough a package called Reseller Cloud Hosting which is supposed to give you 100% up time but some of my sites goes offline quite regularly, at least once or twice a week. What prompted me to post this message is that this forum was hosted on that package, this forum certainly does not get massive traffic but I received the message below from UK2.NET : (I have since move this website to HostGator who are hosting is without any problem:

UK2 Suspension Notice - webmasterserve.com
We are contacting you regarding a sub account on your reseller account. The user webmaste on the domain webmasterserve.com has been suspended due to causing a high load on the Reseller account you are hosted on. As this is a shared server this is unfair to other users on the server and is against our TOS.

I have included some notes from our admins in the attached file regarding the overload issue.

If they are not able to address this issue, they may need to move to a VPS or dedicated server.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,
Lance S.
Technical Support
UK-2 Ltd

As I wite this post, some of the sites I still have on their server has been offline for about 12 hours.

Your REALLY do not want to host your website with uk2.net , its an utterly unreliable hosting company.

Rethadr

White Belt
I started cooperation with UK2, but then had to quit . The problems with their servers appeared quite often , but every time after opening a ticket or calling them , the issue got resolved rather quickly. Their support guys are professional and friendly and always are knowledgeable. Later I d decided to change the company as he was attracted by JustHost's reseller package. Thanks to webhostingw.com I found out the real company uptime which is 97.75% ( not 99.9% as they indicate on their site). After a couple of downtimes I began to believe that the uptime is not 99.9%.

So I had to cancel again and moved to Hostgator - they offer Guaranteed Uptime (includes compensation) and full range of service ( VPS.shared and dedicated).

valeria

Banned
It really helpful news, I think there are lots of company that does fake promises, we always say that we should aware from that companies but I don't know how?? Can you suggest me some tips from which we can safe my site.

Status
Not open for further replies.