News/ Info How can you make money using forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ooen

How can you make money using forum?

1. Contextual ads like AdSense
2. Banner ads
3. Sell text ads
4. ...

What else?

O

ooen

temi said:
You can also make money charging for premium contents via subscription service on password protected part of your forum
I see websites like that here and there, but I'm not so sure if it can be as profitable as it used to. In the past, you couldn't make much money from providing written content. But now, you have contextual ads. What's your comment on that?

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Though such sites are not as profitable as the once was but they still exist and do make money. I am yet to be persuaded that contextual add can actually generate reasonable income for a webmaster, I think contextual had a high click through in the past but like banners I think they are becoming "part of the furniture" hence not as potent as it once was.

C

cruise05

I have seen people having a hard time earning money from forums :-(

C

channerhewitt

Hello there! I'm also a newbie here. What else can you give some other ways to earn money online?

S

Sandifer

I've heard good thing to make money online, you need to change your way of thinking like Affiliate Marketing, Pay per click and Blogging.

ronald

White Belt
Using Forums and Media

While it is clearly stated in most forums that they should not be used to advertise a company / product / service directly, you can use forums to generate interest and to allow the content (message) of what you want promote travel across the internet.

Forums can used as a form of viral marketing. When employing SEO techniques you can use forums as medias to present a range of information from multiple sources and angles.

This in turns allows you to build up an online social network (community) with other users. The more you talk about a certain subject the more it be the first thing posted on the website and thus the more visibility it will receive.

In a forum you can mention a range of subject matter from - the offer itself / alternative links / promotions / discussions / additional content on the market. A forum allows the user to use what techniques they feel appropriate to get their message across.

A forum can also be used as a source of market research to see how many people are interested in a certain topic and how many responses you get. While a forum itself usually does not generate money it can be used as a gateway to inform uses to travel to different sites and learn about other products and services.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Ronald, I quite agree with your analysis of what a forum can can can't be used for. We do allow advert at some section of this forum such as the advertise your site sub forum .

Thanks

While it is clearly stated in most forums that they should not be used to advertise a company / product / service directly, you can use forums to generate interest and to allow the content (message) of what you want promote travel across the internet.

Forums can used as a form of viral marketing. When employing SEO techniques you can use forums as medias to present a range of information from multiple sources and angles.

This in turns allows you to build up an online social network (community) with other users. The more you talk about a certain subject the more it be the first thing posted on the website and thus the more visibility it will receive.

In a forum you can mention a range of subject matter from - the offer itself / alternative links / promotions / discussions / additional content on the market. A forum allows the user to use what techniques they feel appropriate to get their message across.

A forum can also be used as a source of market research to see how many people are interested in a certain topic and how many responses you get. While a forum itself usually does not generate money it can be used as a gateway to inform uses to travel to different sites and learn about other products and services.

Status
Not open for further replies.