How do you find the msn emotions on your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
Look in your profiles for the custom ones. the standard ones are in program files\msn messenger probably

why do you ask?

Peace

Bionic Woman

Yellow Belt
Where would I look for the custom ones?

I added a smilie on msn from a friend and I wanted to speed up the animation so I need to get a hold of the image.

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
C:\ >> Documents and Settings >> (your username) >> Application Data >> Microsoft >> MSN Messenger >> (folder with random numbers) >> CustomEmoticons

Try that. I wouldnt know really i use aMSN which provides fully customisable smileys but the ones you get off your mates I believe are flash but i'm not sure

Sorry I can't help much

Peace

gkd_uk

Yellow Belt
Hi

If I can remember correctly, they are stored as .dat files. You should be ableo to locate them by doing the following.

1) Sign out of messenger
2) Open My computer, click tools, folder options, view and uncheckthe boc hide extensions for known file types
3) Next go to c drive, documents and settings, your user name, application data, microsoft, msn messenger.
4) You will see a few folders named. Locate the folder associated with your MSN email id.
5) Double click on your folder and look for a folder named custom emotions. The extensions will end with .dat but you should be able to view these files in internet explorer.
6) Right click and save

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.