Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question How Do You Make Your Website Faster?

Discussion in 'General SEO Topics' started by annapham, Aug 10, 2018.

1. annapham

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Hi guys, I need your help:

How do you make your website faster?

2. maxbe

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    There are many ways to make your website faster --
    1.Improve your hosting plan
    2. Make images internet friendly
    3. Optimize your Js and CSS file
    4.Compress your content

3. jeffscott

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Avoid flash content within the page and maximize the great content with image.

4. Simi123

White Belt

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    9 ways to make your website load faster
    1. Improve your hosting plan
    2. Understand HTTP requests
    3. Make images internet-friendly
    4. Use plugins sparingly (WP sites only)
    5. Cut down on external scripts
    6. Optimize JS and CSS files
    7. Take advantage of caching
    8. Eliminate website baggage
    9. Use a content delivery network (CDN)
    -----------
    Magento images not showing up in admin or in frontend
    Magento 2 events list
    Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons
    The requested URL / was not found on this server
    How to get category ID in Magento

5. RH-Calvin

Red Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    There are several ways to improve your website speed like:

- Good hosting
    - Less images on webpage
    - Less widgets on webpage

6. Lisa Green

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    There are various ways to make your website faster. Several ways are listed below:
    1. Online Marketing
      Online marketing is best way to make your website more popular and faster.
    2. Web hosting
      Web hosting is used to increase your audience. It will provide you more user.
    3. Plugins and pop ups
      Use services of pop up and sell plugins. It makes your website visible for more users of different websites.

7. Stephen74

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Here are a few tips.

First of all, run your website through a speed test like Google PageSpeed Insights (I can't post links!)

This will give you a few pointers.

Here's what I've done to make my website much faster:

1. Host every CSS, JS and images files on a domain (or subdomain) different from your website's domain. This will increase the number of parallel downloads by web browsers. So for instance, if you have your website at www[.]yourwebsite[.]com, then you could host all the media files on cdn[.]yourwebsite[.]com. Personally, I use Amazon Cloudfront to distribute media files so I end up with a hostname on the cloudfront[.]net domain.

2. Use a Content Delivery Network for your HTML content. This will take the load off your web server as your web pages will be cached by the CDN servers. I use the Sucuri CDN and I'm pretty pleased so far. It's got a firewall and DDoS protection too. Some are doing fine with Cloudflare but I never got amazing results.

3. Compress every images as much as you can (without sacrificing quality). If you are using WordPress, I know there are some plugins that can do this. If you're comfortable with Linux, there are ways to optimize multiple images at once. Here's a good tutorial on optimizing multiple JPEG images from the command line.

4. Combine and minify CSS and JS files to reduce the number of requests. I use a Linux shell script that combines every CSS files together and every JS files together. Then I use YUI Compressor to minify them.

5. Enable GZIP compression. Assuming you are using an Apache web server, create a file named ".htaccess" at the root of your website and insert this content:

Code:
    Select All
    <IfModule mod_deflate.c> SetOutputFilter DEFLATE <IfModule mod_setenvif.c> # Netscape 4.x has some problems... BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html # Netscape 4.06-4.08 have some more problems BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip # MSIE masquerades as Netscape, but it is fine # BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html # NOTE: Due to a bug in mod_setenvif up to Apache 2.0.48 # the above regex won't work. You can use the following # workaround to get the desired effect: BrowserMatch \bMSI[E] !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html # Don't compress images # SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI .(?:gif|jpe?g|png)$ no-gzip dont-vary </IfModule> <IfModule mod_headers.c> # Make sure proxies don't deliver the wrong content Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary </IfModule> AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/javascript AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/xml AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/plain AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE image/x-icon AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE image/png AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE image/jpeg AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE image/gif AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE image/svg+xml AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/rss+xml AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xml AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xhtml+xml AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font-truetype AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font-ttf AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font-otf AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font-opentype AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/vnd.ms-fontobject AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE font/ttf AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE font/otf AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE font/eot AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE font/woff AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE font/truetype AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE font/opentype </IfModule>
    6. Move the calls to Javascript files at the bottom of the HTML code. This will allow the web browsers to render your website faster.

7. Reduce the number of DNS lookups by limiting the number of requests made to external sources. Use the "dns prefetch" tags in your HTML header (before </head>) for each host that your website requests resources from:

Code:
    Select All
    <link rel="dns-prefetch" href="//hostname" />
    8. I use Fontawesome (free version) for icons instead of images. It loads up much faster.

Phew... well I think that is all. I think.
    :)

8. sophia jan

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    How can I increase the speed of my website?
    Reduce Webpage Load Time by:
    1. Check the current speed of your website. ...
    2. Optimize your image size. ...
    3. Use Content Delivery Network. ...
    4. Avoid self hosted videos. ...
    5. Use CSS sprites. ...
    6. Switch off the plugins you won't use. ...
    7. Minify HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

9. John - Smith

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +7 / -0
    by doing an on-site audit, we can get an idea of where we need improvements.

10. Mangat Singh Dhiman

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    These tips can help you to make your website faster.

Compress your content.
    Compress the images size
    Reduce server response time
    Monitor mobile page speed
    Remove Unnecessary Plugins
    Use suitable theme for your website
    Also, optimize Your Database

11. rachana

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Ways to make your website load faster:
    Image optimization
    Use content delivery network
    Minify JavaScript and CSS files
    Optimize caches.

12. Lisa Green

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    If you want to make your website faster than you need to follow the steps that are given below
    1. Impressive content.
    2. Infographic images.
    3. Attractive color theme.
    4. Unique keywords.
    5. Advertisements
    6. Pop-ups.

13. Nitish8830

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Website speed definitely plays an important role-
    -Analyze your website speed first, run a test to check if the speed is meeting the standards
    use Google page speed it will show you what is casuing your website to run slow
    -Experiment with the plugins- you dont need to excessive plugins running see what all plugins are making it slower
    -Definitely Optimize you content and images
    -Google AMP framework- optimize your webpages for Mobile users. More than 70 percent of the traffic come through mobile devices
    - Cache your website
    - Make use of content delivery network CDN