Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

How do you start

Discussion in 'General Programming Discussions' started by Guppy, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guppy

Guppy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    When making a web design.  how do you start?  DO you draw with paper, Jump right into it, or what.  PLease tell us how you start with designs.

2. Ardenn

Ardenn Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I wish I had more of a graphics bent, but generally I think of something that I have seen somewhere else that I really liked.  Something clean and usable, then I try to copy it.  This may sound bad, but its really not.  I never copy anything exactly, just general layout.

3. Guppy

Guppy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I like having someone else to tell me what they like and what designs they like.  It sort of guilds me when i am making a site for them.  For my own sites, i usally start out in PS 7 and then some how by making a few scribles i got a ruff ruff draft of my site.  I can't really tell you how i can do it.  Sometimes I also do a little drawling (scribles) on paper to get an idea.

4. criserb

criserb Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Hmm… I'm starting directly in PS, I never used a paper, but sometime I think that I should use. I'm drawing few lines in PS and after that I'm modifying them in the mode I think will be better :) But if you can, and you have enough time I think that you can start your sites in "papers modeâ€, this will not be bad, but the advantage of PS is that you can 'move' the lines/shapes more easer that on the paper. All of that depends on your needs.

5. alexandru

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I also start directly on Gimp and just see what it comes up. But I did use the pen and paper a fwe times, and things came out quite nice... :)

6. ooen

ooen Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I use app like FrontPage and DreamWeaver and play around some time. Kind of like drawing, but it gives me a better idea of what I want to do, because I actually have stuff on my computer screen instead of on a drawing board.

7. alexandru

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Just out of curiosity, why would anyone use FrontPage once they discovered DreamWeaver... ?!?

--
    Alex
    Web Hosting & Domain Names UK
    Webmaster Forums
    Internet Access Web Hosting

8. ooen

ooen Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    1. I hand code when I actually work on my site, so as far as experimentation of the design is concerned, it does not need to be DreamWeaver that creates much cleaner code. FP does the job for me.

2. A lot of Microsoft shops use FrontPage most of the time, when they create a website or web interface. Compatibility becomes an important issue in this case, so it's better to just use FP and align with them.

9. alexandru

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Thanks for the explanation. I keep forgetting that there are W3C standards, and M$ standards on this world... I should stick a poster with Bill Gates somewhere, too much Linux makes me forget him... :D

--
    Alex
    Web Hosting & Domain Names UK
    Webmaster Forums
    Internet Access Web Hosting

10. ooen

ooen Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Many people dislike MS standard, but the fact of the matter is that so many people like to follow MS standard for various reasons including the case of creating the website. FP is the best tool, actually only tool to do the job in that case.

11. ovi

ovi Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    :)

I don't think so, Front Page suxs confront with DreamWaver. Ask an experienced web designer and you will get this answer. DreamWaver is much much better that FrontPage.

Ovi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.