My 2 Cents How Does Geo Targeting Advertising Work

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
The geo-targeting feature allows you to customize your ad so that it only appear to searchers from a specific location. The ad server determines the location of the visitors based on his IP address or the GPS data. You can set the location to a city or state or country. You can also set which places town, state or country you don't want the ad to appear. Location based ad can help you to get better conversion and more sales because people usually expect to see local results when they perform a search. Social networking sites such as Four Square and Gowalla also enable merchants to target customers in their locations.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
Google Adwords program is already following this trick of Geo based advertising. This is in fact, very demanding because people business which covers a specific area should not mean to use a world wide advertising campaign. It makes no sense whatsoever. You can have brand name populated but not the real sale.

steve taylor

White Belt
You are right, Google and all search engine and various mobile application track the location of the users. Its helps search engine to personalize their result,according to geographical region where are majority of users are visit the websites.It helps to reduce bounce rate also.

sunshine

Blue Belt
As marketing geeks knows well, location is one of the most significant ‎fact you can apply to target an Ad campaign in specific region. In conventional media, most ‎geo targeting is implied, if you buy ads in the New York City, you can feel ‎confident that only people in New York City are going to see that Ad and it cause a good business sales. ‎

bharath

How about people who use proxies? or team viewer by using another person computer? I have seen Geo targeting was good in getting leads as it converts in a good ratio and helping in so many ways.
Not only the ad to be appeared, but we can able to change the prices according to Geo location based. It has became more user friendly for advertisers.

sunshine

Blue Belt
How about people who use proxies? or team viewer by using another person computer? I have seen Geo targeting was good in getting leads as it converts in a good ratio and helping in so many ways.
Not only the ad to be appeared, but we can able to change the prices according to Geo location based. It has became more user friendly for advertisers.
what is the relation between Geo targeting advertising network and proxies or team viewer ? not understand that you've quoted here.

bharath

what is the relation between Geo targeting advertising network and proxies or team viewer ? not understand that you've quoted here.
Geo targeted is to target for a certain place, but do you know why advertisers use such method instead of all countries. Also do you know how people tries to cheat these advertisers?
We all are using Geo target based advertising, but when the conversation rate goes down, then what do you say?

You are advertising for a certain location, but my question does it won't count those who are using Proxies?

sunshine

Blue Belt
Geo targeted is to target for a certain place, but do you know why advertisers use such method instead of all countries. Also do you know how people tries to cheat these advertisers?
We all are using Geo target based advertising, but when the conversation rate goes down, then what do you say?

You are advertising for a certain location, but my question does it won't count those who are using Proxies?
Oh Yeah! you're right, I forget the proxy and VPN Users for them we can't say either they are our targeted audience or not.