Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question How Effective Is Email Marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing and Promotion' started by networld, Jan 21, 2016.

1. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I have never used email marketing till now. Some people are of the opinion that it is one of the most effective methods in online advertising. But a lot of others believe that there is no more steam left in email marketing.

I believe it is true as the case of any other modes of online advertising. Now we have come a stage where we cannot tolerate any more advertisements online in whatever form it is. I am just curious to know if anybody got an experience with email marketing and how effective it is? Would appreciate a candid feedback on this.

2. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Are you referring to direct email marketing? Or list building you mean? I did tried both of these methods @networld@networld, and I find both of them are effective when executing the right approach to our clients and subscribers. In email marketing, it is effective once we start building relationships first toward the client instead of advertising it directly. I have learned my lesson the hard way about direct advertising to numerous emails, as some of them threatened me to be reported for spamming. As long we do the right approach by building relationships deeply and identify their true needs, it is where I say email marketing is effective.

3. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    If you have a good email list of potential customers, who are genuine customers, email marketing can really be very good. Another advantage of email marketing is you can do it free via mail chimp as long as you have less than 2000 subscribers

4. Nocturnal Writer

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I have noticed that every time I open my email to read my inbox messages, what faces me right away are two or three text ads. That is the usual scene I may experience as I open my messages. By experiment, I try to delete them. I am prompted and ask why I should remove them. I simply reply I crowds my inbox messages. The next day, those ads are displayed again.

I am still in the process of finding it out on how effective an email ads are. I would rather raise a poll for that matter. What about you?

5. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    There are various ways of using email marketing for corporate world but for personal marketing there is signature that can help up to some extent. You can keep changing it according to your requirement provided it doesn't look too spamming type to some of the recipients. .

6. Nocturnal Writer

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    This sounds interesting. Do you know the procedures or mechanics on how to avail of this email marketing? This is good for those who have a great number of email connections, friends and followers.

7. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    This is easy to set up your signature just click the settings gear button go to Settings >General tab, go to Signature section and select the option below from No signature turn it ON and place your signature

8. Hrishi Vardhan

White Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    Email marketing has been around since quite a while now, and being one of the most cost-effective method- almost every business owners have adopted it in their promotional campaigns. Here are some tips to run successful email marketing campaign.
    Quality email list
    This is the foremost thing you need to keep in mind before you plan other tactics for your email marketing campaigns. Check your email list to ensure that you are targeting relevant people whom you feel would open the email, read the content, as well click the hyperlink provided in the email
    Segmentation
    Shooting the same email to everyone in the list is not the correct way to run an email marketing campaign. Your content will no doubt be relevant to your brand and offerings that you wish to promote, but not all recipients are same.
    Headlines
    You email headlines/subject line will determine whether the recipient will open the email or not. Ensure the headline you create has something for your recipients is engaging that will encourage them to immediately open.
    Content
    Use Relevant and target content. Make sure you offer content that addresses your objective and engaging to attract recipients focus till the end. Avoid distractions and force content.

9. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    A great number of web users prefer email marketing as it is permission-based and people regularly check their email prior to checking their social media accounts. When using email marketing, a business owner should be able to maximize such method without annoying the client.

10. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    If you have a business then you can try easily email marketing.
    Email marketing can grow up your business.
    It is very simple and fast way to promote your business through email marketing.
    Email marketing provide Hourly updates of your business product. and you easy attract to many people for buying your product.
    Very much People use this technique.

11. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    Email marketing is one of the easiest way of online marketing because it needs less effort if you have a list of related customers then once you write your marketing proposal then you can only use copy and paste on every email.
    It is effective if you follow the rules and your proposal is as much sufficient to attract the customers.

12. niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    Email marketing is oldest and most popular technique in digital marketing. Still through a lot of business profit generated from email marketing.
    email marketing is very easy to use. You need to make a subscriber box on your website that automatically send updated to your customer.

13. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Depends on lots of factors like the quality of your email subscribers and your email campaigns. The great thing about email marketing is that you can contact your list at any time. They may not be convinced to buy whatever you're selling straight away, but you can get the sale by keeping in contact with them.

14. Prasoon Arora

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    Email marketing if used properly and with professional attitude, may increase the number of subscribers. The content format provided to the email, and the way that customers are treated may both be responsible to make your emails getting reported as spam or being referred to be important.

15. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    I recently started email list campaign and all the mails are going into the spam instead of Inbox. I am still unable to find out the best solution why it has not delivering into the inbox.

Email marketing is good for affiliate products, but we need to find the correct list of people that are interested in our product.

16. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    What email marketing software are you using? Do you think the problem is the software, or the emails contain words that are considered spam?

17. hynds

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    Growing the value of your customer relationships while also converting new prospects can be a tough challenge. Experian’s email marketing tools now make it surprisingly easy and affordable.

Benefits of email marketing include:

Maximizing Your Marketing ROI
    Email marketing is 20 times more cost-effective than traditional media
    For only a few pennies, email can drive traffic to your storefront or Website
    It's six to 12 times less expensive to sell to an existing customer than to a new one

Increasing Customer Loyalty And Profitability
    Deeper relationships drive profitability
    Email is an easy and inexpensive way of establishing early and long-lasting relationships
    Send newsletters, promotions, new service announcements or event invitations

Driving More Sales Conversions
    Gently lead a prospect through the sales process, provide important data and drive the prospect to your Website
    Email marketing allows you to communicate at Internet speed
    Campaign response generally occurs within 48 hours

Improving Tracking And Feedback
    Most types of marketing and advertising are difficult to measure
    With email, everything can be tracked
    See who clicked on certain links and much more
    Get valuable feedback as you strive to grow your business

Source: eCoupon - Godaddy Renewal Coupon 2016, Godaddy Coupon, Godaddy Promo Code, Namecheap Coupon, GreenCloudVPS Coupon

18. Dennt

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Why Email Marketing is not effective in my case? I don't know why this happens. I send emails but i get nothing instead. Perhaps they go to spam. What programm to use that this don't happen? Maybe send letters by my own, without any soft? Thank you for your answer.

19. sweatslimbelt

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Many marketers have been seduced by social media advertising, perceiving it to be not only “cooler,” but also more effective than email marketing. ... However, claims that email marketing is no longer effective are simply not true (check out theseemail marketing stats that prove it).

20. julianaray

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Email marketing is well known marketing.
    Most of the business or companies use this process to deliver info to the targeted audience.
    There are 6 most reasons when this is still effective.

1. Effective email marketing can help create lasting relationships.
    2. Marketing emails can be hyper-personalized and targeted.
    3. Effective email marketing keeps your brand top of mind.
    4. Email marketing is (relatively) inexpensive.
    5. Emails, in general, are action-oriented.
    6. Email marketing is measurable and testable.