Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Experience How Important Is New Thread In A Forum?

Discussion in 'General Forum Management Topics' started by networld, Feb 3, 2016.

1. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I think it is important to have new threads in a forum. New threads mean new ideas to discuss and lack of threads can practically kill a forum. Whenever a thread is created it gives an opportunity for other members to discuss about their ideas on that. Hence threads are vital to keep a forum active. Equally important is to keep the thread active and deactivate any dead threads.

2. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    New threads are one way to keep the forum active and increase of engagement. In other forums like Digital Point and Warrior Forum, there are new threads everyday in most of the sections, as the community needs some fresh information about their interests. For example, if a SEO section is inactive for two or three days, the community might have no to less engagement and activity within that section unless a new interesting topic comes up. Same thing here goes in other forums and even on this forum alone, it's important for us to get updated with fresh information in which we can participate and voice out our opinions.

3. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I agree and I appreciate members who take initiative and spend time posting knowledgeable threads in a forum and I thank you both @cheezcarls@cheezcarls and @networld@networld for posting new threads regularly. I am learning and enjoying all the great job you two are doing here.

4. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    The New thread function allows members to ask questions and get answers. This is important as many people like to go to the forum to get feedback from experienced members. Creating new topics for discussion keep the forum alive. If people see there are a lot of new threads in the forum, they are more inclined to join the forum because of the activity.

5. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    There are forums that are very strict with a policy that you should create a new thread for every 5 posts. Sometimes that policy is anathema to writers because like this forum, there are so many interesting threads that I forget to create a new one. Maybe the community is hyperactive when it comes to creating new threads that's why this site is very lively. But I agree that new threads attract attention and actually stir interest provided the new threads are interesting enough and not a rehash of threads from other forums.

6. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I create a new thread only when I cannot find answer to some of my queries or do not see any threads related to the idea I have in my mind. I love to participate in others' thread instead of creating new. When a thread goes too long I am quite uninterested on the thread and look for new threads.

7. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    You are right, some forums are very particular about keeping a specific thread to post ratio. Lack of new threads can make the forum inactive especially if it is not a well-known forum on web. But too many threads also make a forum over flooded with too many topics. So a healthy ratio has to be maintained in a forum.

Every thread is an opportunity / idea to discuss over and eventually it generates new ideas and experiences from other members.

8. Nocturnal Writer

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    You are correct. New thread spawns new idea and in the long run the forum lives. The forum continues to cater to the working minds of the members for their interaction and discussion to the topic newly presented. The question is how new is the new thread.

9. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    What I love about forum is the exchange of ideas and not necessarily scientifically-based theories. This also creates an environment of sharing, coaching and mentoring on a particular interest or business venture.

10. Nocturnal Writer

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Well, I would like to come up with this idea to share what is in the forum that we are going to share. First, if there are facts that we know about a topic or situation we should not hesitate to share them for support. Then, in sharing best experiences, we see to it that they are in order to avoid confusion or misinterpretation. To go on with the discussion, we should react with a due consideration to the personality of everyone who is participating. Though we may differ from opinions, but let's put it in a point to reach unity at the end. And the last, we should make up to settle differences if there are.

In so doing, forum is used for everybody to benefit. In a nutshell, Facts, Order, React, Unity, Making up. That's FORUM.

11. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0
    New thread is the way to get forum active, new threads gives the new ideas and way to solve their problem with the help of others. New thread also give the new ideas about new things because some time nobody don't know about some topics.

12. Prasoon Arora

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    The new thread in the forum is not only to get few more posts, but should be to provide some information that can help others. If any thread is not as interested as they look, there would only be views but would be no posts. Please remember there are two words for any forums posts and feedback.Your thread should be such that you always get the feedback from others as adding posts just increase the number of words , but do not provide appreciation or motivate you.
    Good Luck for more posts.

13. justiinn

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    New thread means to discuss on that topic and to give your suggestions and to gain knowledge.It helps the forum to remain active and now people have vast knowledge and curiosity to learn more,so thread is best to get new new ideas.
    I also post new threads whenever i have doubt or something to share.Threads always helped me to solve my problems by getting replies on it.

14. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    I think you ask any query to make a new thread.
    When you have a query then its very important to create a thread and post it.
    It is very smart way to interact with different people with your query thouth and idea and suggestions.
    In the forum sites many people always online once your thread publish any one interested your thread he/she reply and you got answer. and idea about your query.

15. ghost_in_the_machine

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    New threads tend to drive new ideas and new opportunities for discussion. Plus, they should always have value at least in the original post. Posing a question, for instance, makes you inclined to answer it as just another forum user. Providing a sum of information can also be useful to other users who would in turn learn something unique or interesting, allowing them to comment on it.

16. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Just as it is significant to plan and structure your planned content, you need to provide structure for online discussions. Therefore Forum is a good platform where participants talk about a topic or a group of concerned topics. Within each forum sections, registerd members can create multiple threads. A thread which is the first post and other members should replies to it. All discussions under thread appear consecutively so all course members can follow the conversation.