How many characters in Facebook Wall posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

compliiaustralia

Yellow Belt
Hello webmasters,
I have heard that facebook has increased the limit of characters in wall posting from 420..can I know how many characters Facebook is now allowing to post on its wall.

mozi

White Belt
No.. i didn't listen it yet. i think in facebook wall post there is no limit of words... i think you can write your post as long as you want..there is no words number limit

JohnyHit

Yellow Belt
I think now there is not such limit in Facebook, as I have tried posting some very long text and it was posted very easily.

amalatamrakar

White Belt
i never heard about the limitation of the character in the facebook. if this is so everybody know about it very quickly. so we dont have to worry about it. we can write as we want in character

Alamin Chowdhury

Yellow Belt
I too haven’t heard of that but recently did a test on it and here is what I got:

I kept writing the letter Z until it reached 6000 characters and then posted it. After that I again tried it but this time reached 15000+ characters and still I could post my status. So I believe there is no limitation as of now but in near future, Facebook might follow Twitter and make a limitation of 140 characters for your status updates and wall postings.

This is just my personal thought, so no hard feelings. What do you think of this?

LeetHost

Yellow Belt
Am not aware of any limitations, never had any problems with any articles/posts that I had come along with on Facebook.

Kuno Yasunari

White Belt
I didn't heard this before. There is no limit in facebook. You can add n no. of characters in your facebook status updates.

NodePacket

Yellow Belt
I do not know of limitation on the character in the facebook. if this is so everybody know about it very quickly. so we dont have to worry about it. we can write as we want in character

Status
Not open for further replies.