How much bandwidth does Email and IM use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ooen

How much bandwidth does Email and IM use? I had some problem as I tried to download a bunch of files, and I suspected that Email and IM were using some bandwidth. I closed these, and download went pretty smoothly. Do they use so much memory?

myshtern

Yellow Belt
Email and IM?
IM uses very little bandwidth.

Email is the same as browsing the web.
If you are using outlook, it takes more bandwidth because it is simply downloading all the files. Its like having two downloads going on at the same time.

O

ooen

myshtern said:
Email is the same as browsing the web.
If you are using outlook, it takes more bandwidth because it is simply downloading all the files. Its like having two downloads going on at the same time.
How about Outlook Express?

O

ooen

myshtern said:
Same thing
It connects to the mail server and downloads the messages
Is there anything we can do to minimize the bandwidth it uses? Like it only connects to the server and downloads stuff from the net only every 10 minutes, 20 minutes?

S

Shock

If your download is running slow, you probably have lots of spyware running in the background. Try clearing your cookies and TEMP folder, and also get Spyware Search + Destroy.

O

ooen

I can understand why temp directory should be cleaned up, but what does my cookie have anything to do with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.