Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Tutorial How Much Does A Good Seo Cost?

Discussion in 'General SEO Topics' started by Zirkon Kalti, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    If you are a small business, you must be thinking right now how much you have to spend to get your site optimized and rank well in the search result. It is important to set a budget from the beginning so that you can keep track of your business costs. Every SEO company will charge different rates depending on various factors such as experience, the number of SEO services included, the quality of the backlinks and etc.

SEO-Pricing.

SEO Payment Models

Monthly SEO Packages

There are several types of SEO payment models. Many SEO companies offer SEO packages that collect a monthly payment. The monthly fee include the expenses for all the SEO activies listed in the specific SEO plan. Monthly SEO plans usually cost a few hundreds to a few thousands dollars per month. The amount that a business pay depend on how much SEO services they need. Typically, the bigger your business, the more you will have to pay the SEO agency to carry out the full SEO service for your online store.

Contract Based SEO Services

Some SEO agencies charge their clients based on a contract. For example, you can hire article writing and social media services from the company. Contract SEO services are based on flat rates, for example a piece of article cost $0.20 per word. You will send in the payment when the SEO company have completed the task and deliver the report to you.

SEO Charges Based on the Projects

Individual SEO professionals may charge clients based on the projects they undertake. For example, they will charge you after helping you to rank the targeted keywords of your choice.

SEO Hourly Fee

There are also SEO companies that charge hourly fee based on how many time they spent on promoting your site. The average hourly rate of a SEO professional range from $100 - $300 per hour. When coming to hire a SEO company, make sure their price is not too cheap otherwise you can be assured that you will not get effective SEO result. As a rule of thumb, you should avoid SEO company that charge lower than $750 for their SEO package.

What to Take Into Account When Hiring a SEO Company?

Guarantee to Help Your Site Rank in a Short Period

There are a few things that you should take into account when choosing a SEO company. A reputable SEO company will never provide any type guarantee for their SEO services. It is not possible to give a guarantee because the constant changes in the SEO industry. Google is always introducing changes to their search results through introduction of new search filter techniques such as Google Panda and Google Penguin. Your site may get affected when the search engine release these new updates. The job of the SEO company is to help your site adapt to the changes in the search engine so that your site can continue to rank well on the search engine.

Guarantee to Help You Achieve Number One Spot

It is wrong for the SEO company to guarantee that they will help you achieve the number one spot for the competitive keyword on the search result within a short period of time. You must keep in mind that it takes a lot of time to rank a site for various keywords. SEO is a long term investment and cannot be achieved in a short period such as one month. The SEO companies have to constantly perform the SEO promotion work for your site until it get the desired results.

Black Hat SEO Practices

You must avoid SEO company that use black hat link building services. Before you sign a contract, make sure you ask them to demonstrate the SEO techniques that they will use to promote your business.

Hire a SEO Agency Instead of Individual SEO Worker

You might be thinking that you can do the SEO tasks yourself. SEO is a complicated stuff that only professionals with years of experiences can handle. If you don't have experience, it is recommended that you hire a SEO agency to handle your marketing campaign. It is better to hire a SEO agency rather than an individual from the internet marketing forum to promote your site. This is because the SEO agency is already equipped with a team of SEO professionals that have undergone training and obtain the necessary certifications in order to be qualified to carry out the SEO job. Individuals who advertise themselves as professionals are forum may use black hat SEO techniques so it is best to hire a SEO agency instead.

2. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    I worked for many clients and completed their assigned SEO tasks, and I had prefered working hourly, however, completed some fixed-rate tasks as well.

3. juliets_journal

White Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    I have written SEO back in the past for clients on iwriter. They could provide all the informtion they needed for the SEO including the keyword and all I had to do was just write the SEO. That is how iwriter works and it is a good site for clients to get their SEO done.
    I used to get paid $6.08 for a 1000 word SEO. That is not bad for both the client and the writer. However, as for my blog, I do not need to hire anyone to do SEO for me as I can do it myself. Say maybe in future when I have a lot in my plate and cannot manage to post regularly.

4. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    I have seen people charging 1000$ per month for one site project, here in my country. Most of them deliver high quality SEO service.
    I also want to know, why in USA, SEO or any company charges way more than other countries?
    Because of quality?

5. cortana

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    Most SEO companies are a ripoff and use very poor strategies and generate low quality links.

For example, a company my friend used put his link on brand new WordPress sites that THEY made. The blogs were nothing but links to their clients, had no traffic, and were very poor inbound links.

Best thing you can do is learn SEO yourself. If you want to pay someone, then you must know what YOU'RE doing first, that way you can keep a very close eye on it.

Anyone asking for $100 an hour is a total ripoff too. These people aren't doctors, don't be scammed by them.

It's because most people paying for it don't know ANYTHING about SEO, so the company basically rips them off. Then they use some of the money to send to cheap freelancers to create crappy blogs with their clients links.

Your money can be spent on advertising to get better quality results while you learn about SEO yourself and take your time with it. It's not an overnight thing anyway.

6. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    The price of hiring SEO firm varies from region to region and from the level you want. For example if you are to rank your website to the first page, definitely you have to pay more for it.

7. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    The price of SEO for every website isn't the same time. No matter which firm or person you hire for SEO. There are some factors that affect the cost of SEO of the site. SEO is not a single step but a combination of strategies. A site can be ranked by using complete strategies but the other one can be ranked with a few ones only.

The first question every firm will ask is the keywords. Will they ask for the keywords you want to rank for? If your keywords are full of competition and strong. Then you will have to invest a lot of money in the SEO. However for small keywords and less competitive words, the cost will be only a few dollars. The best answer can only be given by the SEO firm itself.

8. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    SEO seems to be more popular than ever and because of that, there are more and more companies appearing every day so you have to be careful just who decide to use.

If you have the time and a small amount only knowledge, there's enough free information regarding SEO on the internet for you to be able to save the money and apply the techniques yourself.

9. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    The Price of SEO depends on what you are looking for and on the agency's experience. If they have good experience and have worked earlier as well definitely they are going to charge you more than the newbies.

10. djweb

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    SEO services are not always effective. We all know about the Fiverr fever that everyone went through some time back. It just doesn't work that way. Google tries to stay one step ahead of the rest of us all the time. So whatever is relevant today may not be relevant a year from now. So, its always better to ask the right questions before you hire someone.

11. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    So, there seems to be a bit of an argument on this thread regarding SEO companies or not which just leaves me confused as beginner. Are SEO companies worth it or not? If not, what are some ways that I can learn to do search engine optimizations well, besides this forum? Any kind of answer would be greatly appreciated.

12. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    It all depend on the service you choose for your SEO tasks. If you choose the services regarding creating backlinks it may cost you more than $100 a month. However, if you hire a person that writes for you, he may charge more than $500 monthly, especially if he is professional.

13. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Hmm, very interesting. What if I wanted to get into SEO myself? Where could I start and how many hours would I have to spend to perfect the craft and then use it per day, approximately?

14. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    It all depends upon the quality that you deliver to the clients, what I would say is $500 to $1000 for a website compulsory. Most of the USA Seo companies hire cheap companies from Asia countries and if the project get passed they continue or else close the company.

What I suggest is consult to a known person for getting assist in Seo services.

15. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Various websites are offering SEO learning courses online. If you are fund of doing it you can give them a try. Udemy is the best one among all.

16. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    For me, it really varies. There are some expensive SEO services who deliver very well, but there are also affordable ones who can deliver too. What really matters is that they deliver what we expect and give satisfaction afterwards. But what I really like about SEO services is their "over-delivery" of service that is simply way much more than what we have paid for. My friend's company Virtual Helper 247 are doing SEO to their clients and getting real satisfaction for a low subscription price. One of my contacts did even made money after using their services. But again, we only deal with someone who is trusted and knows the SEO game for a long time.

17. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    If paying for SEO is a route that you do decide to go down, then going with a trusted expert in the field is more important than price.

Obviously people want to find an SEO service that's in their budget, but at the same time you have to remember that you get what you pay for, and the cheapest option isn't always the most important.

18. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I have done SEO for few clients.They were satisfied with my work. In my experience SEO is necessary to rank better on search engine and gain traffic, however, quality of content is also important. You must be aware that many companies will do black hat seo for you because you will see instant result, however, will have your website in the long run.

19. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    It's good to learn SEO by yourself. Avoid hiring persons that charge a lot with no or less work. It's a fact that the work you will perform for your own site will be better than the work done by someone else. So, I prefer using my own tactics for better ranking.

20. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    That's really helpful, thank you very much! Do you know how long an Udemy course would take, more or less? I would like to not spend a lot of time learning how to do SEO as I also have to design a better website and add several things to it.

Alright, thanks for all your advice. between 500 and 1000 dollars seems a bit steep but it might be worth the investment. Do you know any people that I cold ask for assistance SEO services, or were you just talking about people that I know in real life? Thanks again!