Tutorial How To Add-on A New Domain And Install Wordpress On Your Cpanel?

cheezcarls

It's Game Time!
Hi guys!

I am back again for another tutorial, and this time it is related to web hosting, I am not new into this because I have already experienced with web hosting since 2010. The first domain I bought was for my own personal blog, and that is already set as my default domain. However, I do have problems before on how to add more domains. I just realized that the package I bought from my first web hosting was only eligible for one domain, and I cannot add more than one .

In other words, I haven't seen an "add domain" feature within the cPanel. So I cancelled my first hosting and refunded my money. I shifted to another hosting which is known as Mochahost. They are charging me in a semi-annual basis at almost $30 for shared hosting plan with Wordpress. Not only that, it has unlimited bandwidth, disk space and domains, in which it's exactly what I am looking for. I have owned some few niche domains, and thank God it worked that all of them are added into one hosting account instead of creating one for each domain. If I do that, I would call myself stupid.

If you really wanted to add more domains into your business, you need to make sure that the hosting plan you're subscribing has unlimited domains feature. If your hosting plan only has one domain feature, you can't add anymore domains and you'll regret it for sure.

Without further ado, I would like to start my tutorial on how we're going to add on domains into our cPanel web hosting account:

godaddy04lg.jpg

Step #1: Change your domain's nameservers pointing to your web hosting

The first step you need to do is to change the nameservers of your domain. I don't know what domain provider are you in, but I'm using GoDaddy as an example. I login with my GoDaddy account and go to my domain.

After I click the domain, I was on the new page which was exclusive for the domain I choose. I go to Nameservers and click on the logo. You might see that there is an option where you can click the "Custom Nameservers" radio button, and input the nameservers from your assigned hosting. After that, just wait for a few minutes for the nameservers to propagate. I would assume that it would be less than 5 to 10 minutes for domain nameserver propagation. After doing it, just go to the next step.

cpanel-addon-domain.png

Step #2: Login to your cPanel and go to Add-On Domains

The next step is that you should login to your cPanel with your secured details. The URL, username and password should be present in your inbox, because the hosting provider sends you information after subscribing with them. Once you are into the cPanel, go to Domains section and find "Addon Domains" between "Subdomains" and "Parked Domains". There are some cPanels that are unique, so the feature might be present somewhere.

I would like to recommend that you should purchase a hosting plan with unlimited add-on domains instead of 10, 20 or so. If we go unlimited, there would be unlimited possibilities on this one. After you are finished with this step, go to the third one.

add-addon-domain-cpanel-2.png

Step #3: Fill in the details of your domain and save settings

The next step that you are going to do is to fill out your domain and other details. Take note that the password is very important for every domain you add. Just put the name of your domain without "http://" on the "New Domain Name" bar. Once you put the details, the subdomain bar will automatically generate. I suggest that when you enter a password, make it long and unique. Be sure to memorize or just take note and keep it somewhere safe, and then click "Add Domain". Once you are done, go to the next step immediately.

czgscsddjqkak50sogwridzh4prmaltr.gif

Step #4: Go to Softaculous section and install Wordpress on your cPanel

The next step that you need to do is to go to Softaculous and install Wordpress on your cPanel account. The reason I choose Wordpress over the others, because it is the most simple, dynamic and popular content management system (CMS) in the world. You can find the Softaculous section at the very bottom of your cPanel menu by scrolling down. Simply click the Wordpress logo. Although other web platforms like Joomla, Drupal are good options in starting out your beautiful website, but I still choose Wordpress to be installed. After that, let's go to the final step.

maxresdefault.jpg

Step #5: Fill in your Wordpress details and install

The final step that you're about to execute is enter all the necessary details for your new domain's Wordpress blog. Make sure that before doing the installation, choose your brand new domain first in the domain selection of Wordpress installation. You can fill out the whole details of your blog like the title, description, username, password and the free theme of your choice. Once you are finished and done, you can now login to your domain with the Wordpress installed.

Here's an additional video that I want to share below on how you're going to add on domains into your cPanel. You can watch the video below:

Oh well, I think that's all for now. I hope you find this tutorial very useful in adding domains to your web hosting's cPanel. If you still have any troubles in installing your new domain into your cPanel, just let me know so that I can do something about it.

To your success!

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
I must say an excellent and helpful guide for the beginner. This will really an informative post that will make easy for newbie who just get into website and SEO. Additionally, putting up a video did the rest charm.
Thank you mate!

bharath

Staff member
I am still using FTP method as I like it very much method to install scripts. Your tutorial is an excellent for newbies to own a blog for them.

At step 5
Never forget to tick the button for sending the details of database, username password to your email as it helps for recovery if you forgot it later.

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
Sometimes, I installed a new Wordpress blog on my cPanel and try to login with the password I set up just now but can't login. What I do is that I click on the forgot password to reset the password and create new one. If you can't install the Wordpress blog at the URL you specified, it means that you already install it. You will have to delete the existing Wordpress folder via the FTP before you can install a fresh copy of Wordpress.