Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question How To Become A Successful Freelancer.

Discussion in 'Freelancer Forum' started by Asifur Rahman Rakib, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Asifur Rahman Rakib

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +109 / -0
    How to get a freelancing job easily and become a successful Freelancer?Which steps are very need for becoming a successful Freelancer? Please share your idea.

2. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    Join freelancer sites such as fiverr, upwork, freelancer, guru, elance etc. Create your profile and take tests (if available) on relevant skills. Bid on jobs with low bidding amount (you are a beginner). Once you have the first job and get a good rating, you can have more chances of getting jobs

3. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    @Asifur Rahman Rakib@Asifur Rahman Rakib Mate I don't know what are your true intentions of asking this "too basic" question, where you can simply research topics first before creating this thread. Are you kinda lazy in researching and just simply create this thread? But I understand you pal, and it's fine as long you learned your lesson and get better on what you're contributing for good. For me, I never consider Freelancer and Upwork, because it's very difficult to bid and compete with other ones due to their high reputation while I am still new. I just search jobs on Digital Point Forums instead.

4. Asifur Rahman Rakib

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +109 / -0
    Thank all for providing me good ideas.I think that Freelancing is very hard work so that I suggest to my students to do Affiliate Marketing.

5. SirJoe

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    I would say a lot of discipline and 100% dedication. Then again this should be true for anything that you do in life. Freelance work is not different to any other job the biggest difference is that you are your own boss and the only person that can make you work is yourself.

6. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
  7. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    To become a successful freelancer you have to make some efforts,make your profile good,increase your skills,bid the projects in which you have sufficient knowledge to complete the project,always send impressive proposal while biding on project.
    One of the important thing spend more time on freelancer sites to understand what is going on and which type of projects are available and enhance your skills to get more projects and also try to increase your rating by giving exams.

8. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    First you should register in a freelance website like Freelancer, Elance, etc., with an impressive profile. Then participate in bids on the areas where you have keen your passion with a very attractive proposal and sample articles that should compel the contractor to shortlist you. Commitment to work and keeping the deadlines are the most important requirements for a successful freelancer.

9. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0
    hello @SirJoe@SirJoe i am agree with your words because i think every work wants to 100% dedication for become successful in life. Freelancing job not too much different from other jobs, and this is independent job matter is that how much time you can give it today.

10. SirJoe

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    Thank you, it's true if you look at freelance work as you would any other it put things better into perspective. Very often people down play the amount of work and deduction that has to be put into it.

11. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0
    Besides, i asusme many of the freelancing sites are going to be downgraded of course. Especially the freelancer.com I have been watching how the rates are going down day by day and wonder to see the people accepting those dirt cheap rates. I do not understand how would they do the quality piece of work.

12. briannagodess

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    To be a successful freelancer, you would need lots of patience and hard work. First, set up your profile in freelance sites such as oDesk and Fiverr. Fill in all the important information, add a nice picture of you and add a captivating background description of yourself. This is important because this is what clients will see at first glance.

Next, bid on gigs and wait until a client approves you to do the gig. Always do your best with every project so that more clients will trust you. Good luck!

13. SirJoe

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    The more the competition the more likely it is for people to accept low paying jobs. It is up too the site freelancer.com to hold up the bar, but there are more sites out there that do guarantee higher quality work.

14. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    Since there are a lot of competition on freelancing sites, it would be good to always upgrade your skills by taking tests and working on areas that you need to improve on. That way,you can get more clients and good feedback from them once you're done with your job.

15. niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    For become a successful freelancer you need a good skill and experience in your field. because clients always want best work from you on time, if your have less skills and no experience
    you can't satisfied your client easily. Even if you have good skill and experience you can do your work easily on your project time. In case your client give higher rating and recommendation. Even they hire again if need.

16. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Firstly develop your skills then after create a account on freelancing site and mention your skills here and create your profile interactive and fulfill all the career of website suppose when you got a job and you finish it perfectly then after your review made you perfect.this thing is very important you always take care your quality.

17. VIVEK KUMAR

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    You can successful in any field if you are conses about your work. In the freelancing job accuracy and fulfill the deadline. Complete your all project with 100% accuracy and within deadline, it helps to getting the positive feedback for your freelancing account. Feedback is very helpful in getting project easily.

18. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    There is throat cutting competition is everywhere. Don't expect a job on freelancing websites by just having a profile done. More and more companies likes to have their work done from professional and experience people than a fresh guys.
    The best way to grab the jobs, is to offer dirt cheap rates in the early age of your freelancing like after having few reviews and experience you may rise the price and people don't mind paying you for that.

19. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Dear, not throat cutting competition, its a highly experienced competition for getting online business either as a freelancer or via a company. Just to leave cheap vendors and try to search, deal with high paid clients and ensured them with quality piece of assigned work.

20. Lisa Green

White Belt

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Work within suggested time. Work with a patient. Skills to explain and elaborate things. General knowledge about technology and real time world.