Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Suggestion How To Bypass Mobile Verification Security Check On Paypal?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Muhammad Rizwan, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Nowadays, Paypal is becoming more strict towards accounts security. Many people are using Paypal accounts without verification and after sometimes the account gets limitations. One of the most common limitations is we can't login to our account. Paypal security server asks for a mobile verification, in order to provide access to the account. There is almost no way for bypassing this verification of Paypal accounts. However, there is one thing that can be done for avoiding this limitation. Always stay in touch with your account and don't make transactions of huge amounts in the start. Only open your account from the computer where it was created.

These are the only tips you can follow to avoid these limitations. However, I will prefer you to verify your account. I am the best way to avoid any type of limitations on your account.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    That's really informative. But I just wonder why should we bypass the mobile verification check of PayPal? At last it is for our our own safety and security. I think mobile security (One Time Password or OTP) is the best security measure available as on date. As you personally hold your mobile phone, chance of a cheating is quite limited. I think we should allow PayPal to use this security measure for our own advantage.

3. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I knew sone people who got their PayPal accounts became limited. As they had fixed the issues, they put smaller amounts on it to avoid future issues. I agree on what you said here. But for me, it is still good to abide ny the rules.

4. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    This is only for those people using PayPal in a country where it is blocked. As you may also know people are using Paypal accounts of other countries in their own. When Paypal detects such activity on an account it blocks or limit the account. Hence in order to avoid such activity people can use these steps. However, the best practice will be using Paypal in the allowed countries only. That's the only way to avoid limitations on the money in that particular account.

5. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    People often complain about how strict PayPal can be when it comes to security but at the end of the day, the checks are put in place for your benefit as much as it is for theirs.

Would people prefer for their accounts to be secure but limited, or be able to have unlimited giggles and access but wake up one morning to find out they've lost all the money in there?

I know which one I'd prefer anyway.

6. briannagodess

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    I think the more security options there are, the more secured are our accounts. And for me, why wouldn't I want that? I don't have a problem with strict rules regarding verification and such from Paypal as long as they are able to keep my account safe. I will comply to these rules as long as they are willing to adhere to the other side of the agreement. I think transactions in itself should be given passwords to better aid in securing our money. The more verification options, the happier! Lol!

7. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    It is actually, the fact that Paypal has some kind of crap restrictions in some countries, so most people tend to open accounts from countries outside theirs, which makes them unable to verify it. So a person has to be careful not reach their limits.

8. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Can I just ask, when you say restrictions, what kind of limits do PayPal put on accounts in certain countries because here in the UK, ours are pretty standard I think.

I've verified my bank, email and phone number and also sent a passport copy and got an unlimited account. I'm assuming that isn't the case for everyone then?

9. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Paypal limits the account in sending and receiving terms. A limited account can't send or receive money to anyone. The only thing that can be done is refund. That's why it is not liked by people to get limited on Paypal.

But don't you worry about it. Paypal don't puts limitation without any proper reason. If you have your identity proof then even after limitation you can get your account back. Also you can get it back by verifying your mobile number. Sometimes they remove the limitatin automatically. So don't worry about limitation in your country.

10. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    So basically the limitations imposed are another verification check in a sense and when you've confirmed your identity then the restrictions are lifted.

In a way its another way of PayPal covering their own backs as if an account is going to be suspected of money laundering for example, it's the account holder (you) aswell as the payment processor (PayPal) that will both be in trouble.

11. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I am not sure if we provide them with every other information then why should we feel shy from providing them with our mobile number. I agree some people do not like sharing there phone number with strangers but PayPal is like our real Pal so I would not hesitate for a moment. The mobile number is one of the best identity that you can provide to establish your own identity.

12. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Yes, we can say that it is a kind of verification system. I am not against that security check of Google. I love it and want it to be available in every payment processor. But some limitations are awful and even after submitting required docs, it takes days for getting back the account. This makes me feel upset and many people got a big loss just because of this fact. Moreover, it is made for the protection of our accounts, so we have to agree about the importance.

13. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    That is absolutely right. We are ready to give our mobile number to sites like Google, then why should we abstain from giving our contacts to PayPal which is actually like an Internet bank for us. Moreover, it can make our transactions safer than before. PayPal is dealing with our money, so we should give all necessary information to make our account secure and safe.

When we are ready to give our credit or debit card information to PayPal, it is quite surprising why people do not like to share their mobile number with PayPal!

14. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    People do seem willing to give a lot of information to various sites but then question why PayPal want to know certain things, and that's something I don't understand either.

At the end of the day you want a service like PayPal to be as smooth and secure as possible so for me, giving them the information they require is just one step towards them doing that.

15. djweb

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    Still, paypal management seems uninterested in fixing things. For example, years ago online wallets did not exist, back then paypal faced scrutiny in a lot of countries. Today those same countries are using online wallets, mobile wallets etc. But paypal has not tried to get the necessary approvals to become such an entity. So users in those countries face issues.
    PayPal has one of the worst sec in the world. The darknet is full of "tips" on bypassing its sec. And in the whitehat opsec world, everyone keeps wondering why paypal takes months to close vulnerabilities.

16. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    People can provide phone numbers to sites like Paypal without any hesitation. However, it should be noted that not all countries are supported by Paypal. So people from other countries want this service in their country too. That's why they try to make fake accounts using details of other countries. Now in that case, they can't provide mobile number for verification. So Paypal blocks such accounts and just because of them they increase the security. Only because of few people others are being disturbed.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I think that is quite an intelligent move from PayPal to spot rule breakers. As a matter of fact I am confused why PayPal is not available in certain countries. Is it because of the local laws governing that counties that are not favorable for PayPal operation or something else? They also have different set of rules for each county they operate in. For example in India we are not allowed to keep funds in PayPal and are not allowed to use PayPal funds for any transactions. I am sure that has something to do with the security and local laws of the country.

18. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Yes in some countries the government is not allowing Paypal services. This is the reason it is blocked in those countries and the country is not available in their list. However, in some countries, Paypal has blocked services by its own. There is no hand of country laws and government in it.

The reason for this strict action is just because of those people. When they try to trick Paypal by making multiple accounts and other black hat activities. At that time, Paypal blocks its services in the country. Just because of few people the whole country has to face the issue.

19. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    I don't find any qualms in providing my phone number for any legit site, and most sites don't really do much with the number after you use it as a means of identification or verification. Also since PayPal is like a bank, and banks need a person's number incase they have a problem the need you hear about or deal with. Like when I had a problem and I sent an email to PayPal, they responded and some hours later they still called me to check if my problem had been resolved.

20. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Yes, Paypal is a very great site in this regard. They are offering awesome quality services to their clients. However, the main reason people are having issues is a limitation on the country. Paypal offers their services in many countries but lack to provide services in some countries. The people residing in those countries use black hat tricks and make accounts on Paypal. But those accounts don't work for long and are banned by Paypal or limited for verifications. At that time, providing mobile number is not possible because those accounts were made with fake details.