My 2 Cents How To Choose Web Hosting For Your Website!

PrashantD

Content Writer
Hi there!

I've seen plenty of thread(here as well) to suggest a web host and keeping those in mind I'm putting down a few must do's before choosing a web hosting. Feel free to comment or add on to any of the points of the following:

With the web emerging as the major platform for doing business worldwide, it is near mandatory for entrepreneurs to set a website for their brands. However, getting the site designed is not the only thing. It is also necessary to get it hosted or else how your target viewers can can access it! Hosting a suitable web host can prove to be more tedious than what you perceive! Choosing the wrong host can spell numerous troubles both for site owner and user in log run.
Use the below listed tips to evade mistakes made by many website owners while selecting a hosting service provider:
  • Free vs. paid hosting - This is one dilemma website owners cope with while selecting a host for the very first time. If you are on a shoe-string budget, choose free web hosting service but keep in mind the limitations too! The paid services give you freedom from annoying ads, bandwidth caps and may more. If your business is expanding fast, free web hosting can bottleneck its prospects to an extent.

• Shared vs. dedicated hosting - Even if you choose a paid web hosting entity, it is not the only thing. Ensure the host offers dedicated and not shared web hosting service. If you have growing online business and site traffic is likely to increase over time, dedicated web hosting services are ideal. However, site owners with budgetary constraints can begin with shared hosting packages and later switch to dedicated ones.

• Backup provision - Despite the best security means deployed, you will need to have backup for your website. If your web host does not have options for free backup- it is not the ideal one. Without automated and regular site back up, you stand the risk of losing out on business growth.

• Service terms - Most web hosts may try to convince you regarding the superiority of their service over other contenders! However, you should not get carried away by their marketing terms and perform some research. Check out the service terms and restrictions in their website and if necessary ask them a few queries on the issues. This will help get rid of many hassles later.

• Reviews - Checking out reviews of web hosting providers is great - but the plethora of reviews posted online can baffle you! While checking hosting service reviews, stick to the reputed sites. While reading reviews, focus on aspects like promptness of service, downtime, restrictions and backup solution etc.

• Customer service - Well, all web hosting services have customer service but you need to check out the efficacy. Before signing up for their packages, spend some time in checking out their promptness and cooperation. Try out all options including Live chat, phone and email.

djweb

I think the last point is really important. I know that some big names in web hosting are just that "big names". They don't provide the level of service that is expected from them. Instead, they will try to chicken out of helping you. I have used Godaddy, but have heard that people face problems when they call up their customer care. I never had to do that, but I take word of mouth seriously.

PrashantD

Content Writer
I think the last point is really important. I know that some big names in web hosting are just that "big names". They don't provide the level of service that is expected from them. Instead, they will try to chicken out of helping you. I have used Godaddy, but have heard that people face problems when they call up their customer care. I never had to do that, but I take word of mouth seriously.
Correctly pointed out the fact about Godaddy. It has happened to me, I had to wait over 30 minutes to talk to someone from Godaddy and that is serious amount of time. Godaddy is good as a registrar, but I won't recommend it to any one for web hosting.

cheezcarls

It's Game Time!
When I choose a web hosting, I always look at first at their customer service in which I consider them more important than the other features. No matter what package am I going to choose and no matter if the features are superb, they would not be really useful for me. I think it is all about getting what we really expect, and customer service is one of them. When I signed up on Interserver.net and have some issues on my part, they always responded to me in a fast way, and never giving up until everything is fixed on my part.

djweb

You do the right thing. You know I used to consider customer service to be a given when it came to web hosting, but I have discovered that it was a false assumption on my part. Service is the only thing that matters- if I can't get my tickets handled on time, there really isn't any use of paying x amount for hosting.

LusoVPS

Yellow Belt
Don't waste your time any longer. With advanced features like live demos and performance comparisons, you can build your website faster than you think.

Sweqor

What are the ramifications for organizations that eat up bandwidth and storage in a shared hosting environment? How does the hosting provider mitigate these types of issues?

RockFord

Vast majority of hosting providers are in fact resellers. A reseller is just a middleman between you and the real hosting company. Since resellers depend on the company whose plans they resell, they very often don't have neither freedom nor responsibility for dealing with your problems.Your requests and problems are dealt within the extended period of time. The result is that you pay more for the services you get and you're dealing with the "wrong" person all along the way.