Tutorial How To Conduct Good Seo Keyword Research

Asifur Rahman Rakib

Content Writer
In order to be successful in your search engine marketing campaign, you need to do SEO keyword research. Knowing the best keywords to use in your internet marketing campaigns is crucial if you want to rank well for search terms that will drive traffic to your website.

How to find keywords for SEO?
Fortunately, learning how to research keywords Difficult is not at all. Take out a piece of paper or open a spreadsheet program so you can keep track of the keywords you come up with. It's advisable That you use one page per project so you can keep everything organized.

This will also allow you to add more keywords at a later date or use them again for a different project. Start by thinking about the topic of your project. Write down all the keywords you think your customers will use to find the information or product you are offering on your website.

For example, if you are running a dog training site, some keywords you may come up with would be, 'How to train a dog' or 'dog training tips'. When you have WRITTEN down every keyword you can think of, open your web browser and go to your favorite search engine. Type in the first keyword on your list and see what websites come up. Visit the sites Whose topics are similar to yours and write down the keywords they are using.

Check your competitors:
Usually a website will list their keywords in the meta tags located in the header of the site. You can view them by looking at the source code of the web page. In Firefox click 'View' And Then 'Page Source'. In Internet Explorer click 'Page' And Then 'View Source'.

Find more information about keywords for SEO:
Next, go to a keyword research tool Such as WordTracker or Google's Keyword Tool. These programs will derive a list of keywords based on what you put in the search box. They will also tell how many searches are done on the keyword per day. This is helpful in determining if a particular keyword is worth using.

Once you have your keywords, you need to analyze them to decide if they will work well for your project. Google Keyword Tool will tell how to Competitive keyword is. Do not automatically assume you want keywords with the lowest competition. Sometimes competition is low because of low search volume for that particular keyword.

Use keywords that have a good balance of competition and search volume. The Estimated Average CPC will tell you how much Advertisers are paying per click. If you are using Google AdSense to monetize your content, you can estimate that you will earn about 30-50% of that amount. If you multiply that by the number of visits and total those and then divide by four, you'll get an estimate of how much income you can expect to generate using that keyword.

Proper keyword research SEO is necessary if you want to attract the right traffic from the search engines. Put in the effort to get it right and you'll give you a much better chance for a successful project.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
To research a good keyword, I always love Google Adwords program, Keyword planner. I believe only Google can understand it's search keyword and so would be accurate to produce us result with the help of Adwords program.

What i do is to pick mainstream of my keyword and put it broad in search result. Then i pick various keywords depending upon traffic and competition.
If, the keyword is not a decent known keyword, then, i also go to check with Google trends services.

juliets_journal

I love those tips there.
I use ubersuggest keyword research tool, it is free. I pick the long keywords because they help in traffic than the short keywords in the long run. I love ubersugget but it has a short coming in that it is not detailed like the paid for keyword research tools. It is impossible to know how much the keyword you pick has been used.
@Manish Mishra, I will try the Google Adwords program and Keyword planner since I have heard a lot of positive reviews about the two in other forums and on the internet.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
Thanks @juliets_journal, Keyword planner is really a great tool, indeed. You should definitely give it a try.
I never heard of ubersugget keyword software though. But it sounds great. There are a lot of software for keyword planning. Thus, which brought us success is that one we love to talk about.

juliets_journal

I sure will give it a try. Yes, ubersuggest is a good free keyword research tool that has helped me a lot. It is the only one I have worked with so far. I will try the other two and compare all of them to see which among them will work best for me.

steve taylor

White Belt
It is very important to find best keywords for your content. We can chose keywords them selves but we have to check them that keywords are how much efficient and what result produce by search engine, for that task we take some help of keyword planner so Google keyword planner is the best tool for plan your keyword for your content.

Swati Mishra

Content Writer
Google, Bing and Yahoo and many other search engines offer you keyword search from their website. There are also some of the most important websites that gives you a good idea about how you can choose the right keywords for your website.

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
There is an increasing number of keywords getting encrypted by Google every day. You can ask yourself what questions prospective customers would ask when they perform a search query on the search engine. You can also get ideas on the keyword by taking a look at the related keywords located at the bottom of the search result. Enter the keyword into the Google search box and you will be able to see a list of relevant keyword.