Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My 2 Cents How To Create Custom Login Links For Your Wordpress Blog

Discussion in 'Wordpress Content Management System' started by Zirkon Kalti, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    One way to secure your Wordpress login form is to create a custom login link because everyone already know that they can access the login form by typing in /wp-login.php. The best plugin for creating a custom login URL is the Stealth plugin. The plugin also gives you the ability to activate the Stealth mode to prevent ordinary users from accessing the wp-login.php.

2. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    wp-login.php can be used by any user within the WP profile. Whether it is administrator, contributor, author, poster. The direct access to only admin is wp-admin and no other than admin can access it for login purpose.

3. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    I am getting some fake login reports from the past once installed Wordfence plugin. Do you think Stealth plugin is free or is their any free method to change the wordpress login url?
    I too want to change it since few of scammers are trying to log into my blog.