Tutorial How To Do Keyword Research With Free Resources

skylimit

Content Writer
How to do Keyword Research with Free Resources

If you are newbie you can get benefit from this tutorial and you can ask many questions by replying to this thread below.

If you are Pro, I would be happy if you share your experience with it.

So, what is a keyword?

In a simple format, its a word that describes a website content. Whenever you search for a website in search engine you type a word that is a keyword. Basically its a shortcut to open a certain website containing that topic.

Why we need keyword research?

To start a website in particular genre or niche, it is important that it should contain a keyword. For example, if your website is in gaming niche, you should target and include Gaming, games, keywords in your website, so that it will get recognize by search engine.
But if you search gaming niche in search engine,you will see there are tons of website that are already present and ranking, so to outrank the competition we do keyword research with high quality SEO.

What tools,resources do we need to do keyword research?

Tools -
Free -You can use Google planner as a free keyword research tool
Paid - Semrush, Traffic travis.

How to do keyword research with free tools? Explained.

• Open google planner and sign in or sign up if you haven't.
  • You can search for a random keyword or the keyword that you are interested.
  • Now we want our website to be on the first page of Google search engine, so we are going choose those keywords that have -
  1. Low competition
  2. Above 1000+ US monthly searches
  3. Above 1$cpc
  • Now, you have found a good keyword, but wait there is more to be done.
  • One more thing, you can choose whatever monthly searche and whatever cpc you want, but it should be above 1$ and above 1000.
  • Copy that keyword that you just found and paste it in google search engine.
  • like this - intitle: "keyword" and inurl: "keyword" and "keyword"
  • If both are under 5000 search results then the keyword is perfect, if not then keep researching until you find one.
Low competition
5000+ US monthly searches
1$+ cpc
"keyword" should be under 50000
intitle and inurl should be above 1000 search results

Paid tools - keyword research

The criteria to select the keyword is same as above after you done finding one using google planner, open traffic travis. We will go for traffic travis as this tool is easy.
  • Open the tool, you will have to sign up first to google planner and provide details to traffic travis
  • Find SEO tab above
  • Choose Competition then click on keywords and click on fetch
  • It will take some time to show results.
  • Now when you see results it will show the data
  • check the difficulty column, if it says relatively easy that means its easy to rank on google and if it says very difficult then its very hard to rank

Difference between free and paid tools??

Free ones won't tell you exact competition about SEO on Google search engine as compare to Paid ones.
I am not saying that paid tools are accurate, you have to use your guesses and experiences, to choose a Perfect, low competition keyword.

You can use other tools like - Moz tool bar for PA/DA, SEMrush, ahrefs.

Hope you like this tutorial, any questions you can ask below.

ajsahi

as the paid keyword search tools are perfect according to you but i think the google keyword planner is perfect and available with out any cost, but different techniqures are required for perfect selection of low competition and high search rate.

skylimit

Content Writer
Google keyword tool is good as compare to finding a keyword but to rank that keyword in google search engine you will need these tools, SEMrush, Traffic Travis. You cannot rank a website by using Google keyword planner only.

Petesede

as the paid keyword search tools are perfect according to you but i think the google keyword planner is perfect and available with out any cost, but different techniqures are required for perfect selection of low competition and high search rate.
Yeah, I messed around with trials of some subscription based tools, and it was just silly because they were harder to use and provided less actionable information than Google. In some cases, it appeared the pay-services were just wrapping the Google information, but were less useful.

bharath

In these days all tools are not accurate, just gives as suggestion to choose for some traffic. Once I made my site to rank for certain keyword and found that the traffic is low comparing to the search volume. It's hard to analyze, but never used Sem rush tool.

We can also find better keywords in our webmaster tools as how many visitors are coming to a word and what is the place of our site in Google for a search.

cheezcarls

It's Game Time!
This is an awesome post you've shared to us @skylimit. For me, I think this is an important for those who are doing keyword research nowadays. They must realize how critical is the keyword research to online businesses, but it can make a difference once we choose the right ones. AI also would like to add some keyword tools that can compliment the ones on your list, which are no other than Market Samurai and Keyword Winner Wordpress Plugin. But still, the Google Keyword Planner is the best keyword research tool that you should be using like no other. Thanks for this one man.

ajsahi

Yeah, I messed around with trials of some subscription based tools, and it was just silly because they were harder to use and provided less actionable information than Google. In some cases, it appeared the pay-services were just wrapping the Google information, but were less useful.
yup i also see all these. but find google keyword tool all rounded

skylimit

Content Writer
yup i also see all these. but find google keyword tool all rounded
See, Google's tool is good - what it do is - it searches the best keyword according to the filters, it searches those terms that are available and less targeted towards the search engine.
But what we want here is, an unique keyword with low competition and easy to rank. Thats the reason we use these tools for depth research and to find low competitive keywords.
Hope you got it.

amultani

People having a low budget to spend on keyword research can try Google planner keyword tool as it's won't cost you any penny.

Furqan Rashid

Google planner is a great free tool available to you for performing keyword research. I guess you should give it a try before paying for key word research.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
Going paid is no good option. Yes, there are lot of paid tools available too. It is a good practice to follow what Google suggests you and Google Adwords can give you a precise data than anywhere else.

Google Adwords program can also give you completion, Geo-bases searches and the traffic for every keywords. Also, help you developing long tail keyword that has excessive traffic and future with your niche.

ellyjude

Sometimes i wonder what i would without all this tutorials. I have also been having problems with keyword research but things will never be the same again after i read this article.

skylimit

Content Writer
Going paid is no good option. Yes, there are lot of paid tools available too. It is a good practice to follow what Google suggests you and Google Adwords can give you a precise data than anywhere else.

Google Adwords program can also give you completion, Geo-bases searches and the traffic for every keywords. Also, help you developing long tail keyword that has excessive traffic and future with your niche.
Yes I agree, Google planner is the best keyword research tool that is available for free. We dont only need low competitive keywords but also those keywords that can rank on search engine easily, so this is the part where paid tools are useful.

Furqan Rashid

I would recommend you guys to try out the free keyword research tools before paying for the paid one. Definitely they will help you out.

bharath

I would recommend you guys to try out the free keyword research tools before paying for the paid one. Definitely they will help you out.
Can you name some of the free tools that you know except Google Keyword planner? I had used Google planner tool but it snot much accurate in showing results.

Vinaya

I have never used other keyword tool except Google Keyword Tool. I use it because it is free as well as gives the most comprehensive data about Google searches. I have never used paid keyword tool, but I am thinking to try paid keyword tool and check whether it is better than the free Google Keyword tool.

Furqan Rashid

I have never used other keyword tool except Google Keyword Tool. I use it because it is free as well as gives the most comprehensive data about Google searches. I have never used paid keyword tool, but I am thinking to try paid keyword tool and check whether it is better than the free Google Keyword tool.
Google Keyword tools is definitely the best available free too for keyword research. You should give the paid tools a try as well. They are also great for keyword research and are much better than google Planner.