Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question How to generate sales from amazon affiliate program

Discussion in 'Amazon Affiliate Marketing' started by Zirkon Kalti, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    I have an Amazon affiliate account but I don't know how to make money with Amazon links. I would like to know what can I do to make some money from selling Amazon affiliate products. I know its not as easy as putting the links on your site as it won't generate money just like that. Is there any specific things to do to encourage people to buy via my Amazon affiliate link.

2. brendaanne3

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Depending on what your website is about, I've found a few ways. If you use a lot of tech, or talk about tech, you could provide links to what kind of equipment you use or recommend. You could set up a "shop the site" type of page that shows any products that you speak about displayed in a store type setting with the affiliate links and link to the product pages from within any other given posts of pages where you talk about them. You could also make lists. I know some fashion blogs do this and make lists such as "5 Winter Must-Haves", etc.

If you still need some ideas there are various sites that have some pretty cool strategy suggestions as well!
    I hope this helped get some ideas flowing :) .

3. Zak

Zak
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +29 / -0
    Think of Amazon affiliates program just like selling your own products. If you had a product and wanted to sell it only, you built a webpage and created a sales page and checkout page, do you think people will start buying your product automatically? Most people won't even know that your website exists or your product exists online. That is where SEM or search engine marketing comes into play.

Big companies have money to pay large SEO firms in creating their sales pages so they get a huge amount of traffic and higher sales. But as a new Amazon affiliate not everyone can afford to create SEO campaigns and do paid marketing to get visitors and sales. There are few things affiliates can use to their advantage but you need patience and hardwork to earn the benefits.

• Don't just create an auto-blog with auto-posting of Amazon products and leave it. Using auto-posting for Amazon is still okay in my opinion as long as your website looks clean and professional. Remember people are going to BUY on your website, no wise person will buy from a website which does not look professional due to security concerns and privacy issues. They might not realize that payments are processed by Amazon and not your website, they will think your website may have malware or is not secure enough for them to put their payment information to buy from your site.

Thus, make it look like a real ecommerce site with a professional design and structured content. User friendly is the key.

• Every Amazon affiliate has the same products from Amazon and product names, descriptions, etc which translates to duplicate content. And we know in SEO duplicate content does not rank high. What is unique about your site which makes it different from other affiliate sites? Create a blog section and write content related to your niche and products. Keep everything organized, don't write about cameras but sell dresses on your amazon links on the same page. If you are writing with focus on smartphones, sell smartphones on the same website since your visitors came to read about smartphones, they might be potential buyers for a smartphone, not a dress or a camera (some rich folks might buy all that randomly! )

• Product pages should have some unique content as well. Don't just enter text from Amazon and expect people to come and buy from that page. That page might not even be visible to search engine users and get no good traffic from potential buyers.

Good way to create original content is to write a Review or How-To for the products you are selling. It is best if you have already used the product, this way you can write about its features and unique experience you had with the product. Even if you have never used the product, you can always find its features online, compare it with features of similar products, give your visitors more information or help them decide which product to buy. Some examples of how you create such content is: Reviews, Product Comparisons, Sales/Coupons/Promo Codes. Don't forget to post good pictures of the products.

• Backlinks and Social Media - Like any website SEO, to get visitors to your website you need to have some reputation online. This is not built instantly. All big Amazon affiliates have been in business for a long time and have established presence and it took everyone a long time to build such an affiliate business. Share your links, post content which your visitors will share on their own social media like Facebook , Twitter, Instagram, etc. This will drive more traffic to your website and also boost its ranking in search engines. More traffic means more buyers.

4. MyDigitalpoint

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +17 / -0
    I have never had any luck making money with Amazon, yes, a few bucks every now and then adding both, affiliate links and banners to my sites.

Perhaps the most successful time for me with Amazon was when I bought a script that powered an Amazon search engine. It was kind of a Google version, but whatever keyword people typed in, returned an Amazon link with my affiliate id.

The fact is that who has really succeed with Amazon is my sister, but the secret behind her success is being running a fansite, so fans are always after memorabilia and other items related to their idol, and this is what my sister provides besides information, photos and everything else about.

So, concluding, you may try a niche-specific site based upon Amazon categories or a famous author, actor, celebrity or such. In example, a website about Elvis Presley allows you to sell his recordings, calendars, posters, books, costumes and more. A site about cooking may allow you to sell all what this category in Amazon has, and so on.

5. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    The Amazon Associates program has its pluses and minuses. While the cookie length and commissions leave a lot to be desired, this is made up for at least to some extent by the huge inventory of products you can sell, and the trust that Amazon has, which translates to better conversions.

When it comes to promoting Amazon products, in-content links always work well. Develop a niche site, and write honest reviews of products in the niche.

6. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I recently created an affiliate account on Amazon and started using amazon product ads on my website. According to the rule I read on the Amazon website, if there is no sales for 180 days my account will be automatically terminated. Thus,I am also trying to learn how to promote amazon sales via my website. Thanks for those tips, I hope to apply some of these tips.

7. butterfly

White Belt

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    Just an idea. Focus on higher cost products. You will spend the same amount of time promoting a $1 item and a $1000 dollar item, so you might as well go for a higher price product, considering you are getting such a low commission with amazon.

8. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    You are absolutely not spending the same time promoting a $1000 product. These more expensive products will be more competitive, and potential buyers need to be convinced more, as they will be forking out more money.

A good strategy with the Amazon Associates program is to promote cheaper items that are easier to sell. This will help you to generate enough sales to increase the commissions.

9. butterfly

White Belt

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    That's a good idea as well. I guess it ultimately depends on what niche you are in and how big your market is. I guess whatever your blog, newsletter, etc. is about will dictate what the products will be and who the target market is, and what they are willing to spend.

10. Alex Parker

White Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    its depends on how much people are visiting on your site, and also are they targeted traffic, if you get targeted traffic then it will work for you

11. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    To be honest, I did made a little money with Amazon for just a single blog post, but it didn't last long. Maybe I was lucky on that day, but not for long. I was looking for some consistency, and I realize that we should be thinking or treating this as a long term income opportunity. To make money with Amazon, you should always give value to the customer first. You don't just advertise products over and over, you have to build relationship with your customers first. Once they like and trust you, eventually they will have no probLem in checking out the Amazon product that you're promoting. One tip that I would like to share is simply give free advice or tips about a certain niche, and offer the product if they wanted more than just the free tips. I hope this helps everyone too.

12. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    Being an Amazon Associate is a good option to go for as you have a deep well of products available on their platform to sell at a profitable margin. Setting up your own affiliate site & giving it a touch of SEO & productive inbound links will give you good sales.

13. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Tell your friends about the product you are going to sell. Promote it using different ways including forums, blogs, social bookmarking sites, and YouTube.

14. saratrunk

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    I just wanted to mention to you that after working online for a few years with mediocre results I decided to open my FBA business. This was certainly the best decision I ever made! Better for me that way.

15. Kristen Brown

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Although, Amazon Affiliate Business is a long time processing also best one business. If you can do to ranked your affiliate site, automatically generate money for site.

16. Monica Chortle

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    I know as far as its depends on how much people are visiting on your site, and also are they targeted traffic, if you get targeted traffic then it will work for your selling.