Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Tutorial How To Get Visitors Attention And Make Them Read Your Article?

Discussion in 'Content and Copywriting' started by Muhammad Rizwan, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Blogging is a vast field and many new people are joining it day by day. Some of them love blogging and write articles themselves. They spend hours on writing the article, but what if people don’t like it? If the visitors won’t read the article, all the efforts are in vain. At this stage, some bloggers leave this field, without admiring their own mistake. It’s not the fault of their visitors, but their own mistake in writing the article.

If the article is not optimized properly and isn’t useful for readers, why would they read it? You must think of it. Time is very important even for a teenager. He/ She don’t want to waste time on your blog if it’s not what they are looking for? Hence, you should make sure your articles are informative, user-
    friendly, and properly optimized.

Now you might be thinking that what I am going to tell you? Is it worth reading my article? Or you should move towards another article on the forum? You will get answers to all of these questions in this article. I will share some tips, you can follow to attract readers. Moreover, attracting them will increase readership of your entire article. Let’s see:

Always be Informative
    You must realize that the internet is always available to people. There are millions of sites with lots of articles. Information is widely present over the internet about any topic. So why should people read your article? You must ask this question to yourself and get the answer too. Afterward, you should start writing the article. Be as informative as you can and provide useful information. You must research about the topic properly, before proceeding on writing it.

Be as descriptive but don’t write too much
    Your article must consist of useful information properly listed. Don’t write irrelevant or incomplete info about any topic. It will only help you lose readership and maintain boredom on your site. People will not read your article if it’s very lengthy and full of useless information.
    [​IMG]
    100% Accuracy can’t be obtained

In any field of life, we can’t get 100% accuracy. The same implements to this field and we have to realize this factor along with others. Not all visitors to your blog will read your article. No matter how much effort you put on it. It will only have a slight effect on the overall condition. Hence, focus on good and leave the bad thing. If you have 200 visitors on that article and only 120 have read the article, that’s absolutely fine for now. As time passes your site will get authority and more quality readers can be received.

Readers Persona
    You must already know about the interest of your visitors. Always provide relevant content on your site. Don’t share irrelevant stuff, not interested by the readers of the blog. The more you focus on this factor, the better results you will obtain. Every successful blogger has made use of this factor and got that much success.

Final Words
    These were the tips that I have to share for now about getting more reader’s read your article. Now some of you might ask that should we neglect the percentage, who is skimming or bouncing off the articles? The answer is absolutely not. You are just neglecting them for a while and if they are not reading your article and are just sharing it, it’s also beneficial for you too. Consistency is much more important on your blog, so that they come back and become readers not skimmers.

2. djweb

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    The reader's persona matters a lot too. If you are able to put yourself into the shoes of the reader, you will be able to write better content. Ultimately, you can either conform to the market or perish due to ignorance.

3. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Great article OP! Getting a lot of viewers to your articles is great and all, but getting them to come back is the key component to have a long term loyal viewership. Therefore, you need to appeal to your viewers and making them pay attention to your article so then they like your content so much that they feel like they have to come back.

4. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    Never try to wow different kinds of audience in one article. You cannot wow housewives and gamer in the same article. Once you decide who is your audience, write for the audience (for example video gamer or housewives).

5. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    When I write articles on my blog, I make sure that it's going to attract the readers once and for all. My blog posts are not just full of text, but rather adding some interesting content like images and videos. I also add bubble quote to add some spice into my blog comment. In that way, I attract readers to read my articles for good. Another important factor for the readers to click the link of your blog post through social media and community forum sites is to have an interesting and eye-catchy blog post title. This is what I have been doing since I have a review blog before.

6. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I understand the value of content but my basic question is always the same, how we reach to a reader first before we make him interested in reading! So I keep my attention on finding the visitors and let them decide whether I did something to check my further work.

7. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    Nice tips! I think the best way to find the psychology of a reader is to take yourself the role of the reader. When the writer becomes transformed into the reader, the article become more attractive. I try to make the title of the article more attractive, but do not forget to include keyword in it. Another important factor is our language, which I think, should be simple but powerful with an enchanting spell.

8. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    For me, the title and description of the article matter most. When I chance upon an article with the genre that I like, that is science fiction, the title gets me. The man from outer space versus The man who fell from the sky. Which do you think is more interesting? For a science fiction reader, the first one seems ordinary but the second one, I would ask why that man fell? And how? The description of the article is also very important to elicit more interest. Sorry, I canot give an example because I might err. But my point with the description is that it should adhere to the gist of the article.

9. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    I think creating interest with engaging and exciting title is really very important. We sometimes judge books by their covers and articles by their titles. Knowing that, it’s important to spend some time crafting your title. In the end, make sure that the content of your article matches with the title.

10. suzzi winget

White Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    you can attract visitors by making your content knowledgeable. you can add images and videos which attract users and making your article interesting. and you can add link of your article on your social networking sites so that people can visit there.and you should use keywords to bring users on your site.

11. Pooja Sharma

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    Before writing any content, to attract any visitor it is really important to know how much clear your content is at the beginning of the page, so that visitors can easily understand it. Make your content precise and clear, with a motive so that anyone can get the reason to read the content and find the content of use, as if there is no motive or no one have the reason to read the content, your content would be untouched.

12. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I agree and always smile when I read someone saying "keep it simple idiot'. He means it well, beside the fact that I cannot write complicated things so I am always simple. Then my subject, travel in my case demands to keep it as simple and descriptive as possible that keeps my reader engaged.

13. Hozyboy

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    This is great. I actually have a WordPress website but I really do not know what to do with it. Maybe I can apply some information from you and get it started. Writing about myself has always been a problem to me. There is too much I think and do that I just do not see words as sufficient to express myself. But now I can get those thoughts out.

14. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    Making interesting comments on other blogs of similar niche can also spark people curiosity to follow through the link in your profile and visit your blog. You should comment on the popular posts on other blog. The blog owner will be interested to know about your opinion on the blog post you have written.

15. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0