How to improve Google ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luq

Yellow Belt
I have a PR4 site and I have being trying to improved the Google ranking for the past 6 month, but no luck. Is it all that difficult to get PR5, PR6... in Google. I have explore all the knowledge I have about optimization, can anyone give me some tips on how to get PR5, PR6... and better Google ranking...

Thanks

darkstar_tfd

Yellow Belt
You are trying to improve the Google ranking or the Google toolbar PR ?

Because those are two different things.

You can increase the positioning in SERPs ( so also google's results pages ) or you can increase the PageRank, the one you see in toolbar. The PR is useless IMHO, but with the ranking, you can get the traffic to monetize your website.

Research is the key!

In order to increase the positioning of your website in SERPs you must research for keywords. Choosing the right keywords and an acceptable target for a period of time ( lets say 6 months ) is the first step you should do.

Onpage optimization

After you have finished researching, you move on to the next step - onpage optimization. You asure that everything is allright on your page. A couple of things you should look out for :

The magic list

- Title of the page, unique for each page ( this is the first text on a page, and we know that the first text is THE MOST important ).
- having you content structured corectly, using subtitlings ( h1, h2, h#... )
- having emphasized your keywords
- having filled in the titles for links and images
- having filled in the alt for images
- having the right frecvency of keywords.

Internal linking & website structure

Now, we move further and reconsider the link structure - as the internal linking is very important. We need to know how to create the structure of the websites, short URLs, name of the pages containing keywords, corect categorization, etc.

Be sure you link in for important pages, as you need the spider to see that those pages are important. So first level is for categories and important pages. Since the index page of a website is the strongest ( because most of us build links for the index, very few build for internal pages ) we place links only for what we think its important.

And the example..?!

For the rest of the pages, the ones the user needs to see in order to gain trust in the website, but you dont really want to lose the trust you send to other pages ( ! important ones ) - we apply nofollow to links.

So for example on the link for "about us" page, we add nofollow attribute. This way, the trust the index page shares further to internal page is in bigger amount than it would have been if we had the about us page with direct link.

Links + anchor = love!

Mmm, so we also reviewed the internal linking & structure, what next ? well, we do some checkups on what is linking to where and from what anchor ?

First, let me tell you that Google only "reads" the first encounter of anchor+link on a page. So be careful : if you want to optimize for keywords "webmaster marketplace" dont link internally from "this link", but from "webmaster marketplace". If, for the sake of design you need to have that "this link" anchor instead of marketplace first on a page, then nofollow it. This way, the bot will take as the first encounter of a link + anchor the link formated as you want.

With me so far ?

what is next ? Lots of things next, but let me tell you about one more thing : if you have a logo, be sure you nofollow it, it's better to have an anchor then the title+alt of the logo.

Self linking

Also, when you are on the index page, dont link the index. You are on /about-us page, dont link to about-us. Just nofollow the link

Ehh, talked a lot about nofollow ?

Promotiong process - part of SEM

Anyway, moving on to the promotion part of this process. We can say that this part is more related to SEM than it is to SEO. You just need backlinks. Good backlinks. From different IPs. Of the contry you need to be listed high up. ( google.co.uk ? google.ie ? )

Building links! Different sources

How to get them ? Lots of options, I'll list few of them :

- web directories
- forums
- blogs
- link exchanges ( still work, you know ! )
- ad sites ( that allow links )
- social systems ( yahoo 360 is quite strong, if you know how to use it, it makes miracles for your website )

Some extra

Also, you can write articles and hope others will link you. In order to increase the chance of being linked, make you article attractive. We'll call it a link bait.

One sure way of creating a link bait, eventhough it's not that elegant -> attack a website. You dont have to hack anything, just write about whats bad, why you would not use that system, why you think the authors did a bad/useless job with it. You will get a reply, I assure you fo this. Negative buzz is spreading much for faster than an actuall good - positive review.

Also, you can write "top" articles.

- top 100 ways to eat with the spoon
- top 10 cars in UK
- top 7 most richest men online

..... you got the point.

Another way of "touching" others and make them link you -> ask for interviews. Most of the persons online ( bloggers maybe ?! ) will hot hesitate to brag about being interviewed. It's just how things go on.

ummm, I think I wrote a little too much for one evening. I hope some of the information here will help you Lovely!

lisabella

White Belt
Don't worry about the ranking.

Concentrate on getting good quality high conversion traffic.

I know people with low PR and about 100K uniques per day.

Lisa

kedaimart

Yellow Belt
thanks it was very good explanation to improve the PR. i think it depends on the site owner he wants. if he want to improve the PR he can use tips but if he wants to get more traffic better he works on the content and social media to get people coming

R

richee

Hi dear
Most people find Google as the best search engine including me...

All my sites do not have google traffic and are not displaying any PR. however all sites do not have google ranking . My sites are as follows

my all site iPhone,iPod,Mac,Apple any other hardware repair related sites so plz help me

iphonerepairhelp.com/iPhone-repair.htm
psprepairhelp.com/psp-repair.htm
ipod-repair-help.com/iPod-repair.htm
iphone-repair-help.com/iphone-repair.htm
ps3driverepair.com/ps3-drive-repair.htm

L

lolito

I have a PR4 site and I have being trying to improved the Google ranking for the past 6 month, but no luck. Is it all that difficult to get PR5, PR6... in Google. I have explore all the knowledge I have about optimization, can anyone give me some tips on how to get PR5, PR6... and better Google ranking...

Thanks
Quality over quantity backlinks is the most important. Your backlink must be niche or relevant to your website. It is a keyword to improve or to maintain the PR of your website. We know is not easy to get a PR 5 or PR6 but just do what I say.

R

richreason

First, let me tell you that Google only "reads" the first encounter of anchor+link on a page. So be careful : if you want to optimize for keywords "webmaster marketplace" dont link internally from "this link", but from "webmaster marketplace".

cathyanderson

White Belt
Quality over quantity backlinks is the most important. Your backlink must be niche or relevant to your website. It is a keyword to improve or to maintain the PR of your website. We know is not easy to get a PR 5 or PR6 but just do what I say.

I completely agree with you. The thing need to consider is relvancy to your site from the backlinks you are getting.

T

trazzey

There are many traffic sources available on internet that can be used drive traffic to website.Try to get good traffic then automatically your website's PR will improve.

A

arunkumarrr

Post quality content in your site and the content must be unique..This is the best way to increase traffic in google..

babloodmax

Yellow Belt
Hi Buddy!!!

Ever just optimze your site for Google specially in on page... you can get it.. thanks for sharing and asking..??? meet again... bye...

Status
Not open for further replies.