Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My 2 Cents How To Keep Your Motivation Going In Affiliate Marketing?

Discussion in 'General Tips and Tricks of Affiliate Marketing' started by cheezcarls, Dec 20, 2015.

1. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    We all deserve to make money with affiliate marketing, right? As we all know, affiliate marketing is one of the simplest ways to make money in the internet. You just have to look for a customer, build relationship and trust, identify his or her needs, and offer a solution which is the affiliate product itself, and get commissions. Simple as that, right? Although that the formula is quite simple, the process is not easy. You need to learn a lot about affiliate marketing through its different strategies that the gurus and others are teaching us.

There are several methods that you can find in the internet about affiliate marketing. The most common methods that you can find, learn and implement are list building, video marketing, article marketing, private blog networks, forum marketing, PPC, social media and countless others. Take note that there is no perfect method in affiliate marketing. You’ve got to learn and endure the whole process until you are going to see some results. I’m sure that you would be happy if you got your first ever sale online.

One thing that makes an affiliate marketer successful is to keep yourself motivated. This is why in this post of mine, I’m going to share how you keep motivating yourself in affiliate marketing.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQO9Zu8mqBqnYah3DJJ4F_wSdLpJ1XN2xe4DX8GMhzjYESTKDtXbQ.

Have a Long-Term Mindset

You must treat affiliate marketing as a business. Affiliate marketing is not designed for you get rich quick or being an overnight millionaire. You can earn money here, but you need to undergo with the real process of making it work. In order for you to become successful with affiliate marketing, you should have a long term mindset. In other words, don’t think of your low earnings or net losses right now, but think of what would your earnings be in a few years, if you’re doing affiliate marketing consistently. For example, in order for you to make sales, you should be doing your very best by creating a website, setup autoresponder, embed affiliate product banners and so on. Don’t count on your efforts, but rather count on your blessings. Just do your very best despite the circumstances you’re experiencing, because one day you’ll become a winner.

visionboard5.

Create A Vision Board

Most affiliate marketers forgot that they are working for their dreams. But how can you work for your dreams if you just imagine it and memorize? You need to have some kind of vision board with you. The vision board is what makes you motivated every time you see it daily. You can set your vision board as wallpaper on your laptop, computer or mobile device. Try to collect pictures of the dreams that you really want to turn into reality. Compile those pictures, combine them with any photo editor, and set it as your background wallpaper. Every time you see the dream board, it simply reminds what are you working for.

605-positive-attitude.

Positive Attitude And Strong Belief

In order for you to become successful in affiliate marketing, always equip yourself with a positive attitude and belief. No matter what circumstances do you have in your life, always see to it that you are looking on the brighter side and what you might become in the next few years. Actually, the failures that you are going through is part of your ability to grow as a true affiliate marketer. But not only as an affiliate marketer though, but as a person. Once you have learned from your failures and adjusted to get better in your activity as an affiliate marketer, one day you’ll become successful as long you have a positive attitude and strong belief in yourself. This is one way that you can be motivated in your everyday activity with affiliate marketing.

A9CXXN_2503635b.

Read self-help books and watch motivational videos

For me, I think self-help books and motivational videos are one way to keep me energized and motivated to do affiliate marketing everyday. I advice that if you have some extra money, go buy self-help books that can make you feel motivated and learn something in affiliate marketing and other life aspects. Self-help books such as The Success Principles by Jack Canfield, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey, The Millionaire Messenger by Brendon Burchard, and so on. In Youtube, you can watch motivational and inspirational videos at least once daily.

I hope that you may have learned something here on how you can get motivated easily in affiliate marketing, even if you’re down and out, or you are just getting information overload. Try this on your own, and believe me it will change you forever.

2. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    This is such an important thread. I think it is important to believe in yourself and know what you're trying to accomplish. If you have goals you're know where you're heading, otherwise you just feel like a headless chicken.

3. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    Very well said.
    Start from low or no investment marketing, this can be a good start, this will definitely keep you motivated to move further.
    Carry on!

4. Alex Parker

White Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    Exactly, You have to loved your work, as you are doing and you must happy with your work, then you get success for you sure

5. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Thank you dcristo. Yes, we really have to believe in ourselves that we can do it. If others can do it, why can't we? Do you know what is common between them and us? We are equal human beings who can eat, drink, do household chores, play games, read books, etc. The only difference between them and us is that their attitude is correct towards their business and their perspective is different. We can do it too by having the correct attitude like them.

I agree wih you skylimit. This is a huge lesson on my part. Start something small until you see big results one day. This is what I really do right now, set smaller goals first and accomplish before leveling up to a bigger goal.

I totally agree with you Alex. Loving what you do is the key to success. It is your strength and passion that makes you keep going. As long we love what we do, success is there one step at a time.

6. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    This is very motivational, not only for Affiliate Marketing, but in general. It is good to keep one-selves motivated and negativity won't help, but make everything go bad, so optimism is also very good motivational strategy. Lovely posts as always!

7. Webmasterserve

Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    Thanks for this really nice informative and inspiring post about affiliate marketing and personal development. I agree with you, having a positive mindset and planning for long term is the better approach to affiliate marketing, or anything in life really. On occasion everyone gets tempted to involve in get-rich-quick schemes and various funny ventures online which are shady and borderline fraud, these short term activities may get us some money but while indulging in those we actually lost time which could've been used in learning new skills and developing ourselves to apply our skills and knowledge for much bigger and better projects for a long term sustainable online career.

I love the idea of creating a vision board to keep track of your goals and aspirations, it not only helps us focus but also helps us prioritize things in life and motivate us to manage our time more effectively and be more productive with what we have. The idea of reading self-help books and motivational videos is commendable, I think you really implemented these things in your life @cheezcarls@cheezcarls based on your other posts about books, it is really impressive to see someone spend time in personal development and self education. If we could master develop this kind of mindset and habits, I think any challenge becomes interesting and distant goals seem achievable. A great reading for affiliates and internet marketers indeed.

8. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I am happy that you are motivated of my post @challengewriter@challengewriter. I highly appreciate it. It is always my pleasure to motivate and inspire people the way I want to, because everyone here deserves to succeed, especially in affiliate marketing. It is my dream to become successful in affiliate marketing, and once I do that, I wanna be an inspiration to others. I am not aiming for success just for myself, but I wanted to inspire people to do the same thing. We can make a living with internet marketing, as long we have a positive attitude and strong belief in ourselves.

You're welcome @Solmak@Solmak. I also highly appreciate your response. Yes it's a great idea for us to create our vision boards. I learned this first from the network marketing company that I joined. I was tasked to create my own vision board and put it on my room. It was really effective. No matter how many times I've been rejected, disappointment, frustrations or such, I was always fully energized and motivated every time I wake up and see my dream board. It makes me keep going.

9. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Do you have a motivational website, cause I am sure I did go there every week, to read some motivational contents, I really like the way you write and your outlook on life perspective. I once had a vision board, more like room. I turned my whole room into a vision/ slash motivational room, in which I filled everywhere corner with motivational quotes and sayings, people loved visiting my dorm, just to read motivational quotes and I started a trend, in my school, in which people were following in my footsteps.

10. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Hi @challengewriter@challengewriter. I do have one, but it's not updated anymore due to important commitments that I am in now. But I would recommend you to subscribe with Brendon Burchard's blog. You can Google him and you'll see his official blog. I loved his blog, especially in receiving motivational messages in my email. You can also like his Facebook fan page too. Speaking of Facebook fan page, there are other motivational personalities that you might wanna follow like Joel Osteen, Darren Hardy, John C. Maxwell, Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins, Bob Proctor, and many more. You can like and follow these pages, and for sure you'll get updated with their motivational messages. I hope this one helps you now.

11. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Such a really wonderful thread and the best part is people shared their personal perspectives and experiences with the affiliate marketing.
    It is really something that can make you king with your great motivation mindset. Its all about patience...little work carried out....patience....little work carried out....patience.....work carried out.....patience.....making most of it....patience..........

12. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I agree with you @Manish Mishra@Manish Mishra. Patience is the key towards success, and you need to endure the painful process that is going on in your business. In my own experience, I have failed many times in making my business work. In order for me to generate results, I should be ready to pay the price, such as spending money to test campaigns, attend paid trainings, seminars and workshops, mentoring, business tools and so on. I have invested a lot of money on my business in order to learn and grow on how it really works. We should not always count our efforts or the money that we've spent right now, but rather count our blessings. We simply just do our best, and God will do the rest. It is something that you need to equip for yourself while doing business.

13. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    If the products you are going to sell, come with good results, you will be motivated automatically to earn more cash.

14. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    But what if they are not sold as it happens to me every time I sell my services on fiverr.

15. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I understand your concern @Furqan Rashid@Furqan Rashid. So your question makes sense to me, because I was also experiencing the same thing like you before. What if the products aren't sold, try to ask yourself. What are you doing to sell your services on Fiverr? Did you take time to assess yourself on what's wrong with your services? Do you consider adjusting and try again? Of course, one way to succeed is to keep trying until finally works out for you. Just use the four pillars of success (Decide, Take Action, Assess, Adjust) and repeat until you can see some results for good. Just my two cents man.

16. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    This is one of the topics I need lot of help as I know almost nothing in this particular subject. I spent lot of time on your post and every word that motivated me like anything. I have a longtime site APSense but I have not taken full advantage of its services. I will probably look into that site once more and utilize my contacts and balance there.

17. Asifur Rahman Rakib

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +109 / -0
    Thank you for posting very important self help article.Really we should be upper minded about Affiliate Marketing.