Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question How To Make A Wordpress Blog Secure From Hackers Attacks

Discussion in 'Wordpress Content Management System' started by Zirkon Kalti, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    I have had a lot of encounters where the hackers hack my blog so I would like to know what can I do to prevent them from hacking into my blog. I don't know how they find out about my WordPress blog passwords or cPanel passwords but they just managed to hack it.

2. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    I suggest you the first and foremost thing to buy a secure and well known hosting, later you can also make it more protective.
    1. Do not use Admin as user name for any of your WP blog.
    2. Have an updated antivirus program.
    3. Always update WP+plugins+themes on your WP blog.
    4. Use a secure and lengthy password. e.g. Zirkon_Blog@174
    5. Use some security plugins with your blog.

More than that, if it is still get compromised, always set a backup options with your hosting service.

3. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    I agree with @Manish Mishra@Manish Mishra regarding the security of a wordpress blog. However, you still may want to check this post to know more about Wordpress security.

4. cortana

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    Try BulletProof Security plugin.

There's also a lot of poorly coded plugins that have vulnerabilities. Read reports on plugins before installing them, especially the free ones.

5. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    I remember trying to install it on my blog and found it to be ineffective. I think only the paid version of BulletProof Security plugin works effectively in protecting your site from hackers.

6. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    It does not matter whichever plugin convince you to kill the virus injection or supply the malicious data to your WordPress blog. You have to have update the plugin no matter whatsoever it is.

If you do not update the plugin, WP, themes, the hacker will have a solution to inject your WordPress blog and this is where they busy their most of times.
    Not even BulletProof or anti hackers proof plugin could do unless you have a secure hosting with the above mentioned tricks i suggested.

7. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    Your hosting is the main key for hacking wordpress CMS as I too had bad experience with this Wordpress System. I was hosted with few poor hosts and all the time it sucks.

I have used Wordfence plugin and it moderates the new loggers and keeps the failed loggers far to his
    I am satisfied with Prestashop as it is almost free and most of the plugins are paid version, but buying them is good for making bet E-Commerce site.
    I never tried Woo commerce, but here someone suggested to me that use instead of Prestashop as it was easy to configure.
    The Prestashop Module cost more compared to the other CMS modules as this was made me bad impression with them.

8. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    Yes, Hosting plays a key role. I've hosted my websites with quite a few hosts and apparently hosts like Fatcow, iPage etc. [they are same company but operate under different brand names] were compromised more frequently. I decided to switch hosts after recurring instances. It is perhaps due to the Control Panel they use or the security measures they have placed. Anyway, what I wanted to convey is that hosting does make a difference when it comes to security.

9. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    It happened only with WordPress while Drupal CMS never got the hacks. I don't know why they won't hack including this Drupal, that is hosted on the same hosting server. In the last time Drupal theme too got infected, I think the hacker placed the codes first in WordPress, then later in Drupal.

I don't know why these hosting companies make a lie with us, that the problem was from our side and all of other sites are running perfectly. I hosted with Servage, and few more, forgotten names, but they too gave me huge problems and most of the time it is getting hacked.