Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Suggestion How To Meet The Deadlines?

Discussion in 'Freelancer Forum' started by suleman, Jan 24, 2016.

1. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Completing the tasks before the given deadline is very important for the clients. How is it possible to follow? Well, you can allow yourself an hour in the beginning of the week or in the end.

Make a plan to manage the tasks assigned by the clients and divide your hours accordingly.

2. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    First of all you know your limitation. Undertake only those tasks you can do per day. Just remember that all of us have only 24 hours per day, of which atleast one third is spent for sleeping and other activities. Just do a self-analysis how much task you can complete in that remaining hours. Give sufficient contingencies. Then, agree to do that much work only.
    In short, if you can write only 3000 words a day, don’t commit that you shall do 4000 words. Then the deadlines will no more remain deadly.

3. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Planning is very importants. Of course, one of the most important thing to do is focus and don't allow other tasks distract you. Also, don't pressure yourself like for example, contantly looking at the time which makes you want to rush. It may compromise the quality of your work or being distracted which may cost you time. Best thing to do is relax and focus, and you will surely finish it within the deadline.

4. cortana

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    What kind of question is this?

Be on time, that's how you meet a deadline.

5. JWill

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Oh man, I have my fair share of missed deadlines. The whole nice thing about freelancing is that you can choose when to work, assuming you can find enough work, so having deadlines is certainly a bit of a bummer. In my experience is best to simply avoid procrastinating and getting on with whatever you have to do. It's that easy... or difficult.

6. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I remember the time when I was still working as a customer relations manager of Virtual Helper 247. Every week, I was on pressure to meet the deadlines that are needed by the clients. Even though I am a manager and just giving directions to employees, it was tough. We have clients who wants us to meet the deadline at a specific date and time. Not all of them are being met, and some clients are frustrated and requested a refund. Deadlines are tough to pass if we are exposed by various distractions everywhere, even in the computer itself where we are tempted to use Facebook to check status.

7. krishatg

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    Do all the task with proper planning in an organised way. List down all the task need to be done schedule them according to deadline and take some time in buffer .in this way you can easily meet your deadlines.

8. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    When a person is freelancing or self employed then they have an habit of taking too much work on than they can handle.

One reason is they think more work, equals more money, but another reason is that if they're well established then they'll have loyal clients that will keep coming back to them, and it's just too hard to say no.

If your workload is too heavy though, your in danger of missing allvdeadlines across all the jobs so you have to prioritise your work as much as you can, and even delegate to others if needs must.

9. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    If you have numerous projects than meeting the deadline could be a problem. You should consider doing rojects in proper way as you get them. Means do the first one, than the second one and so on.

10. jowjow

White Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    First of all is knowing yourself or simply your limitations. Make a timeline in every step or process you are going to do. Pick jobs that you know you can handle and that you are equipped enough to finish. Here are the questions to be ask before accepting the job. Can you finish it just before the deadline your employer gave you? Is the time frame given to you enough base on your capabilities? Are you knowledgeable enough?

11. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    You are right. Effective time management is the key for success. We should divide our jobs, depending on their priority, and should complete them within a definite time frame. If one cannot meet deadline, there is no meaning in undertaking a project. Those who meet deadlines receive appreciation from the clients.

12. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Honesty is also a big part of making and agreeing to a deadline aswell. When you agree to a set deadline, you have to be honest with yourself, along with the client on if you can fulfil it or not, right from the start.

If things change, and it looks like your not going to be able to meet the deadline, tell the client as soon as possible. I've found that if your open and honest about it, and you have a valid reason, most clients are only too willing to extend a deadline for you.

13. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    Like what some of the posts said, you need to have a plan. We used to call it timetable but now they call it timeline - the work schedules broken down into stages. Opposite the stages are the estimated duration. This timetable is actually part of project management that is required to be submitted even before the project starts. The timetable would include potential problems that may cause delays, together with prevention measure and contingent action in case the problem couldn't be totally avoided.

14. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Avoid distractions and just complete the task at hand. Once the deadline has been met then you can have some fun.

15. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    This is surely one of my weaknesses before @dcristo@dcristo. I was always distracted every time when I have something to work on. Instead of working straight, I opened new tabs which are composed of checking something on Facebook, watching Youtube videos and playing games from time to time. As a result, it would be very hard for me to cope up with the deadline that my clients have asked, but at least I have learned my lesson. When it comes to your job or business, focus is very important and eliminate necessary distractions that could ruin your production.

16. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    Do not swallow more than you can chew. Only apply for jobs if you have the time and the means to finish them. To be successful in freelancing, we must know how to apply effective time management. More importantly, do not hoard jobs.

17. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    If you wish to complete your job within deadline given to you , then you have to make a plan and must be follow them. Doing to work withing the given deadline gives good impact on the company and employee . Every employer and company want to complete their project and job in the given deadline .

18. SirJoe

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    One of the most important parts about accepting a job is to know if you will indeed be able to hit the deadline. Don't accept jobs that you know you will not be able to complete.

19. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    If you can't keep up with the deadline, remember you always have the alternative to outsource the work to someone. But it can be a problem to outsource if the rate you get is not high enough. Only take assignments that you know you can handle and meet the deadline.

20. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0
    It is tough to complete task at the deadline but if you follow the proper way to complete your task till the deadline you can do it without any problem.