Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Experience How To Remove The Footer Links From A Wordpress Theme?

Discussion in 'Wordpress Content Management System' started by Manish Mishra, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    It really had me troubled a lot until I learn how I can really remove these annoying unwanted outgoing links from my websites. The concept is very simple. The main problem is these codes are encrypted if we open footer.php and we are unable to change. But with below tutorial I will let it be possible.

You need to go to your live WordPress website or use an FTP editor like FileZilla to do this.

Step1 : open your index.php (theme you have with your WP site)

Step2: go to the last line when the code reads:
    <?php get_footer(); ?>
    Now, this is the reference to the footer page.
    You need to replace the above code with the following.
    <footer begins>
    <?php get_footer(); ?>
    <footer ends>
    And click on update, if you’re using FileZilla, save it and then upload it back to server.

Step 3: Now, refresh the website using F5 button.
    Press control+U (to read the source code of your index files)
    Now find the code:
    <footer begins>
    <footer ends>
    Copy the code in between these codes.

Step4: open the footer.php page
    And simply just delete the entire content it had with this file and paste what have you copied from the source.
    Now, here you will see the footer links, just delete as you wish and make necessary changes.

Step 5: now, go to index.php and delete the changes you have done to identify the hidden links in step2.