How to solve this kind of situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkstar_tfd

Yellow Belt
In this moment I am quite pissed off!

I have a contract with someone and I had to submit to a certain number of directories as part of the link building process, along doing some other things.

So I did so, but I have submitted to directories using this guy's email address.

Did around 1100 directories submission and I have compiled a report.

Also did around 600 ro directories submission for which I was able to get the emails of confirmation myself also, mostly because many of them were in a network.

I have compiled full month report and now the guy do not want to pay me because he tells me he did not received any email from those directories and that he wants emails of confirmations for those submission

Now he wants me to submit again to those directories, tho that is impossible for me as the URL is already in the DB. Yet, he does not want to hear about that, he wants "emails of confirmation"

How should I solve this one ?

Zoli

Yellow Belt
I think you need to consider the future income which may be generated by this guy, so you will know how important to satisfy him. I think you have not been working together for him for a long time, because he would be more flexible. As you said resubmitting the site to the directories is impossible so I think there is nothing you could do apart forgetting the guy.

darkstar_tfd

Yellow Belt
I know this is also my fault for not organizing my stuff well, but I still dislike the fact that he does not want to approve to my report.

I have been doing the same type of report for a long time and never had problems...

Zoli

Yellow Belt
If I were you I would just forget him..

I had some very bad experience with customers as well lately. About two months ago the guy I did seo for didn't paid a huge amount of money that I should have to paid to the UNI for my study fee and I was in a very bad situation. Luckily I could achieve my goals due the help of my family, not sure he will ever will. Since that time he called me saying 'Zoli, don't stop promoting my website we will do another agreement.' I said okay give me time I need to consider things, but knew immediately that NOWAY, we will never work again together. Shame on him!

As time goes it seems I get connected to much more intelligent, and correct customers I need to do seo on less competitive markets and for much nicer fee. So I think that the moral thesis of my stroy is don't be afraid letting him go away, just don't forget to say laudly F*** it.

darkstar_tfd

Yellow Belt
Zoli, totally agree with you on this one, it's better to search other clients that will be honest and pay when they have to and what they have to.

Yet this kind of situations really make you unhappy and may cause problems.

Thanks for sharing your opinion on this matter, thanked via post also!

seo2

Yellow Belt
At least for Romanian dirs, there is a pretty short verification time, so you can use the fact that he is approved to support your position.

For EN list is indeed a little bit more complicated. As far as I know, in fastIBL dir list, he should have received email from about 20%-25% of the directories.

darkstar_tfd

Yellow Belt
Heya SEO2,

Already solved the matter ( hope! ) as I submitted again to directories but another URL ( .net ) and I have kept the emails on my account, after I have allowed the customer access to my email account so that he ca see the emails.

He finally agree to pay, now waiting to see the money in my account still...

Status
Not open for further replies.