Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Tutorial How To Verify - Attach Card - To Paypal - Explained?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by skylimit, Dec 22, 2015.

1. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    How to Verify - Attach Card - to Paypal - Explained?

In this tutorial, I will try to cover, How to Verify, How to attach card to paypal.

If you guys don't know what Paypal is, you can head over to google and search the term Paypal to know more about it. In short, Paypal is a worldwide online payments system and Alternative method to checks and money orders.

It’s very easy to open a Paypal account, just like you open an account in forums or open a gmail account.

How to Verify PayPal account?

paypal-verified3.

After creating an account, verify the email address then you need to fill your profile page, head over to settings and fill all the information including address, phone number, pan card.

1. Make sure your password is strong, a combination of number, letters, special characters.
    2. Working email id and phone number
    3. Update Pan Card - This is mandatory for Indian users to verify account.
    Then click on Payment methods tab above -
    1. Click on Link a bank account
    2. A page will open, fill it according to your bank details
    3. You will receive one rupee in your account - this verifies that you have linked to the right bank account with that particular paypal account
    4. It can take upto 24 hours or more
    5. Once done, you are good to receive money in your account
    Please do make sure you have mention right bank account to paypal account, in order to get verify with one rupee in your account as proof.

How to attach a credit- debit card to your paypal account?

It's pretty simple, head over to payment methods tab, located above. You will see two options -
    Link your bank account and link a card, click on link a card - if you have debit card, select debit card and fill all necessary options. If you have credit card - you can select credit card and select card type, write card number, expiry date, address and click on save.
    Thats it you have linked your card,easy, right?

Debit card and Credit card

But, if you have to purchase anything online with the help of PayPal you can't use debit cards. Because most of the debit cards are refused by the PayPal. I don't know may be RBI policy.
    But, You can Attach any banks credit card and it will work.

Another Option - You can ask your bank for a Virtual Credit Card to use it with PayPal. Again VCC are not sure if they will work with Paypal nowadays, because when it comes to security, companies like PayPal and any other major online money transaction giants are refusing it. So,be sure before you apply for it.

Multiple accounts are allowed by paypal?

I am not sure about this, last time I asked a Paypal employee he said, you can open account under your parents, relatives names and when needed, you can request them to withdraw money anytime. I am still not sure, but if you guys can phone or email them that would be great, so that we all can know.

What are the Alternatives to PayPal?

There are none if you ask me. PayPal is the best Online Payment Processor, right???? But if you still need to know – you can go with 2checkout, Skrill. If you know any other alternatives please share it below.
    2checkout.

How to check if a particular paypal user is verified or not?

Just copy this and paste it in browser,
    Code:
    Select All
    https://www.paypal.com/us/verified/pal=emailaddress
    Post the real email id where it says emailaddress.
    I don’t know if this trick works or not. Because many things have changed in PayPal.

I hope I have cover all the areas, if you have any questions, ask below.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    You about covered it all, in my country all I have to do is put in my credit/credit card information, Paypal then proceeds to charge my account, and sending me a fur digit pin to verify my account, once I typed in the pin, my account instantly became verified and my money refunded back to me.

3. Webmasterserve

Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    I am not sure if PayPal is still using different interface for different countries or not, but your post really guides users on how to verify their paypal account using a card or bank account. A lot of our visitors come to search for ways on how to verify their PayPal account without a credit card or bank account because a lot of online workers do not have credit cards or bank accounts to link with PayPal. There used to be several ways years ago when I started working online, some of those virtual cards and methods might still work but I haven't used them since long and I can't comment on those.

One of the other alternatives to PayPal is Payza which was formerly Alertpay. I do not have great experience with Payza but I have used it in the past because I often deal with clients and partners who do not use PayPal and I had to use Payza for transactions. I do not like the Payza website interface nor the quality of their support, but as an alternative it is helpful to a lot of people who are unable to use PayPal for various reasons. You've already mentioned Skrill or Moneybookers which is also not so bad. Personally speaking my first choice still remains PayPal for online transactions.

4. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    I just signed up for it and I believe they have revamped their site, cause the user interface was pretty cool and easy for me to navigate, so I don't think they are as bad as they used to be, I just won't be using my account on Payza much, cause of the fees.

5. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    I used a debit card to verify my Paypal account. They will charge a small fee in this process but the fee will be refunded back to your Paypal account in a few days. I know that you have to verify your account with a debit/credit card to lift the payment sent/received limit. If you don't verify your account, you may use it to receive or send payment but at a cap limit. They may also suspend your account when you fail to verify it with a bank account or debit/credit card even though it seemed that you could still be using it to receive/send payment without verifying it at first.

6. Webmasterserve

Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    That is so true, I learnt my lesson the hard way by using PayPal when I first started working online without verifying it, they tend to freeze your account if you start doing more transactions without verifying it. I then had to verify it and since then had no issues with large or small transactions. It is really a good payment system, although no system is perfect for everyone. It does have so many issues in many countries where users are unable to use PayPal even though they would like to use it.

7. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0

8. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    India only have such policies to defraud money from poor people. Credit is compulsory for anyone in this world and our RBI only forced to link pan card to withdraw money.
    I am dissatisfied with Indian rules against taxes, they do as they wishes to gain profits.

9. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    Paypal is probably the most trusted online payment service today and although it is very easy to open up your own account, getting verified can be a bit challenging for some because it will ask for a debit or credit card information. For me though, I think this is okay because the verification is part of their safety measures.

Anyway, your post is very informative. You have pretty much covered important information about Paypal.

10. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    I create my account on Paypal and I follow all steps of the Paypal account registration guide . My Paypal account is activated successfully and I verify my bank account also. But I am not able to attach my debit card with Paypal account . There are error message generated like Your debit card is not approved for this transaction . What is the another way to register debit card on Paypal.

11. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Your tutorial about Paypal and its use is very good for the new freelancer to get knowledge about Paypal to get their freelancer amount in their local bank account and it's service is also free which is good to get our full amount without any deduction.
    I am also want to open a Paypal account to get my freelancer amount and i will follow your steps because i read it and i think it will really works.