Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Tutorial How To Win Your Customers With These Simple Techniques

Discussion in 'Product Sales' started by cheezcarls, Dec 22, 2015.

1. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I am back for another tutorial that could help you increase sales. As a salesman, it’s important that you need to have some certain selling skills. But so far, you may experience rejections, discouragements, criticisms and other things that prevents you from getting a sale. I am going to be honest with you right now. You can’t make money or generate a sale if the person doesn’t know you, or meeting you for the first time. Of course, there are some companies or stores that the customer himself is approaching them. You know why? It is because there is something that a customer needs or getting attracted to it.

For example, if you are looking to buy a medicine, you are looking for a drugstore or pharmacy. If you are looking to buy a brand new laptop, you are looking for a computer shop. But there are companies that require salesmen to do their effort in getting customers around. Maybe it’s because they are new to the market or not yet popular in the area, so it needs them to have salesmen to go around, hand flyers to customers and getting rejected without making any dime.

The reason that they are being rejected is because the customer doesn’t know who you are. Try to put yourself into the shoes of your customer. When somebody hands you a flyer, you are resisting, right? You know why? It’s because you have the mentality that he or she is trying to take money away from you. Don’t you worry, you’re not alone. I was there too. There are certain techniques that you need to follow in order to win your customers.

Without further ado, I would like to share some techniques that can increase your product sales no matter if it’s offline or online:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRojB9EOxAEvJOpT0g5IqXEBfRuL8NYu26TBZ1D031AenFluEayFQ.

Step #1: Smile and compliment the customer

If you really wanted the customer to like you even if you just met him or her for the first time, you should smile. You know why? When you smile, the customer smiles back. After you smile, greet the customer and say something nice to him or her within the first thirty seconds of the conversation. In online, the customer may not see you smiling, but you can leave a smiley after your greetings and compliment.

Here are the examples that you can use when meeting a customer (you can also do this to your family, friends, relatives or so):

“You look beautiful today, ma’am.”

“You look sharp today, sir.”

“Ma’am, what a wonderful dress you have.”

“Sir, your coat looks awesome.”

And so on…..

Take note that when you compliment that person, he or she will appreciate it and may say this to their own mind….

“This guy just made my day.”

Once you do this to your customers, they will eventually like you. Trust me, it works on my part. I am an amateur salesman in a network marketing company, and I see great results with this technique alone.

customer-service-with-a-smile.

Step #2: Use the FORM method

Before you are going to show the solution, try to identify the needs of the customer. You can use the FORM method (family, occupation, recreation, message). You can ask questions about their family (not too deep or something that disrespects their privacy), work, things that they do during weekends, etc. Once you have identified their needs, try to ask some more questions.

For example, if you are promoting a diabetes health product, you can ask the customer about his or her health status. If he or she mentions about being diabetic or a family member, friend, etc., that’s where you think that the customer is targeted and in need of a product. The same thing goes to the other niches that you are promoting. It is important that you should identify their needs, and what are they really expecting.

Don’t be afraid to ask questions, because it’s part of doing business on your own. Just remember that any business won’t exist without customers. To win your customer, using this technique would be effective. For me, it is effective as I always do this to my customers. I give credit to my coach who is teaching me this basic step to win the customer for good.

216-600x400.

Step #3: Set a schedule (or offer a solution if he or she insists)

If the customer is interested in checking out your product, all you have to do is set a schedule. Why schedule and not now? It is because both of you have just met, and the customer has a schedule or another appointment, it is better that you should let the customer set a schedule. If the customer insists now, better share the product now.

For me, these simple techniques are already proven that you can increase your product or service sales, no matter what niche you are in. Don’t just say that you’ve learned only, take action!

2. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Tis is a beautiful article. It sure helps when people are open and welcoming towards their customers as it gives them a sense of ease. What if it is online? This general speaks on meeting the customer in person, what if you're from different parts of the country, another country or continent even? Like on Fiverr, I am always polite and precise, I also try to not be too zealous, and let the customer know he or she are free to ask me about any information about my offer.

#2 challengewriter, Dec 22, 2015 at 1:40 PM
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  3. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Hi there!

Thanks for the kind response and I appreciated it very much. As for online, when you chat with the customer, leave a smiley after your message. For example, let's say you saw a post from someone who suffers from type 2 diabetes, you can send him or her a message with a smiley after it. But on your first sentence or two, greet and compliment the customer and tell him or her you saw the message and you want to help by recommending your product. Take note that in product selling, our mindset is to help people, not selling for money. Atter all, money will come after. But don't force the customer to buy your product, just let him or her know the reason why your product can help, and the decision is up to the customer.

Hope this helps you. Cheers!

4. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Yes, I tend to not really talk about my product, or else the customer brings it up, I'm mostly chatty in my response and I do use smileys, it helps brighten conversations, but in some places it's not appropriate as it could be a very serious business tone, lol.

5. Webmasterserve

Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    Nice tips which are applicable to any business owner or service provider, online or offline. We live in a world of cut throat competition and marketing today, both in the online world as well as offline, almost every business trains their sales and customer service staff to be polite and say the right things, almost scripted. Only thing I would say it, when following these tips please don't think you have to "act nice", rather the point to take from this is, you should "be nice". There is a big difference between "acting nice" and "being nice".

Have you ever dealt with a business where the sales and customer service staff were really friendly and cooperative before you bought their product? And then if there was a situation where you were dissatisfied with their product or it was defective and you wanted to return it or get refunded as per their own policies, you find the customer support or staff being really impolite or totally rude in some cases? Not all businesses fall in this category but, once in a while we encounter such cases, me personally I never would like to go back and do business with such a company or service where their attitude changes as soon as they get your money. If staff were advised to "be nice" instead of just "acting nice", customers will feel the same amount of comfort and trust when returning a product or asking for customer support as they felt when they were being persuaded to buy the product by the sales staff, this boost's customer satisfaction and increases trust in the brand or product, a great thing to have for long term benefits.

6. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    You are on the right path @challengewriter@challengewriter. If we keep doing this, our prospect or customer is going to appreciate and like what we are talking. But I would like to add that asking questions to the customer is essential, so that you are the one who control the conversation. If the customer asks you, answer the question and ask him or her back. Just try your best not to be in a business tone even if the place isn't appropriate. Who knows, maybe that customer is in need of your solution.

I totally agree with you @Solmak@Solmak. It is better that we should be nice to our customers instead of "acting nice", because they might know your true intentions. Our intentions to our customers is to help them, not forcing them to buy your product to earn quick money. Business is all about relationships between you and the customers. The outcome of our business relies on our customer relationship.

7. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0
    This article is defined in very good manner so the new and old customers found themselves very satisfied with your products and it is good way to reach to new customer. I believe that customer wants satisfaction with product they are buying so a good product with presentation makes it all.

8. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    The bottom line is that you should be willing to be a good example to your customer by building a relationship and the product must deliver what was advertised by yourself. If you are building a relationship but you mislead your customer about the product, you definitely lose not one, but more sales. You know why? Not only the customers will not trust you anymore, but may spread it to others. So we all need to make sure that our customers should be satisfied with the products that we promote after we build good relationship with them.

9. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Making just a relationship with your visitors is not enough to run your eCommerce business. Consider motivating your clients by placing useful products.

10. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    Over delivering to your customers can be added advantage for you as a provider coz it makes receiver happy & with added courtesy you can retain them in long term for another ongoing service or project.

11. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I feel most people do not understand the difference in between sales and marketing but consider both of them as same. You have very rightly told the right fundamentals of a wonderful marketing strategy that tells it all. Just give your customer the ideas of your products and tell them both sides of your product positive as well if there is something that your customer find no to his liking later. Nice topic, great suggestions.