Ideas for Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ardenn

I assume that the site doesnt have a marketing budget.  Quite frankly I dont want to be the only one who comes to visit the site either.  I know the goal is to make money with the forums, but your not going to do that UNLESS you have traffic, and your not going to get traffic and usage unless you market. 

So here is what I think.  First stick the Google Ad Words banner back up on top of the site.  Lets face it, ad words is the money maker unless your going to start a business that ads value to the site.  I say follow KISS and just have google ad words.  Second, we need to figure out what the exact target market for this site is, and then we need to make this forum meet that exact market.  So....... lets take me as an example of the target market.  Im a 20 something with an entreprenuerial streak 50 miles long, I have a web based side business, I work full time, im web/internet savvy, I desperately want to be a successful business person and only work for myself.  I can't afford to start a brick and mortar business, and I cant afford to hire some hotshot web designer to design a site for me.  Im 100% self taught as far as web dev,  programming , business, and marketing. 

This is me, and if Im the target market for this site, then we need to change some of the structure up to make it more relevant to the targat market, what do you think?

G

Guppy

I agree, See this is the info i need.  Like you, i can't afford a hot shot designer and everything i learned about web design is 100% self tought.  Are you willing to help me out a lot cause i will need your help on what to change.  I am only 17 and don't know much, lol.

G

Guppy

And it is AdSense, Adwords is where you pay google to get on adsense

A

Ardenn

I will help you out as much as possible.  But you REALLY need to figure out WHAT your demographic is.  Only you can do this, because only YOU know were you want this site to go. 

G

Guppy

Actually, i don't know where i want this site to go, lol.  If i knew i guess it would be easier.

A

Ardenn

I would personally like to see a forum dedicated to small business uses for the web and web dev for small businesses.

A

Ardenn

Well, I dont really know the answer to that question, I really havent spent much time thinking about it.  LEt me give it some thought and I will tell ya what I think

G

Guppy

ok, i been giving it thought and i don't know what to do.  Normally i would spam my friends and they would spam their friends and people would come, lol but i don't know very many web people, lol

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
I think its time to re-open this thread and have some upto date discussion. Where are we heading with this forum. What are our goals, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.