Help Me/Question Importance Of Images In Seo

sunshine

Content Writer
Everyone knows that images give a better presentation to anything and Google likes good looking blogs or websites. I heard that if the pictures are not available for reuse, they would penalize you so I wouldn't go around on Google Images just to search for your niche and paste the image on your site since it is risky. I just want to know that should is copy images from google for my website or I need to hire a professional designer?

cheezcarls

It's Game Time!
Everyone knows that images give a better presentation to anything and Google likes good looking blogs or websites. I heard that if the pictures are not available for reuse, they would penalize you so I wouldn't go around on Google Images just to search for your niche and paste the image on your site since it is risky. I just want to know that should is copy images from google for my website or I need to hire a professional designer?
There's an option for you to use Google images in a safe way. When you go to Google Images, go to "Search Tools", then "Usage Rights" and select an option where i says "Labeled for reuse" or "Labeled for reuse with modification", and hit "Search". Although it is okay to target images on Google that can be reused for modification, but I would really think that you should have your own for better optimization purposes. You can buy stock images at affordable prices, and I would really think that it would help you too.

RH-Calvin

Red Belt
Image helps to describe a content, and building a good content with proper image optimization will help to rank your article higher in search engines. Images should be defined with proper tags and descriptions so that Google knows about your website image and rank it better in search engines.

sunshine

Content Writer
There's an option for you to use Google images in a safe way. When you go to Google Images, go to "Search Tools", then "Usage Rights" and select an option where i says "Labeled for reuse" or "Labeled for reuse with modification", and hit "Search". Although it is okay to target images on Google that can be reused for modification, but I would really think that you should have your own for better optimization purposes. You can buy stock images at affordable prices, and I would really think that it would help you too.
Thanks @cheezcarls for your help, and I will definitely contact you to get more help in this regard. Want to know one more thing that can I use images downloaded from google in my website after giving them a unique name or title? Is it useful to get high ranks in google or not?

bharath

Staff member
Thanks @cheezcarls for your help, and I will definitely contact you to get more help in this regard. Want to know one more thing that can I use images downloaded from google in my website after giving them a unique name or title? Is it useful to get high ranks in google or not?
Sure you can use in anyway since they are for reuse, also check Flickr for CC images. Give them a source link for reusing either nofollow also ok.
Unique Name, Title etc you can use.

Vinaya

you cannot just copy images from Google or any search engines. You need rights to the images created by other people. You either need to pay for the image,or only use creative common images.

sunshine

Content Writer
you cannot just copy images from Google or any search engines. You need rights to the images created by other people. You either need to pay for the image,or only use creative common images.
@Vinaya Other than copying images from google or bing there are a lot of High Quality Royalty Free and legitimate resources to get good images. Over thousands of illustrations, vector graphics and high quality pictures are free available for general and commercial use without any attribution.

Last edited:

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
I personally am fond of images. I love to share good images and thus i am depend to Google images. It really gives me freedom. While searching for many keywords i found that only few of the sites for particular keyword comes to me.
Later I decide, how to judge them and i found they have done something marvelous with their images, tags, title, etc,

briannagodess

What I do is search for free images in Google, there are tons of it. Or maybe link the original image URL in my article. These are ways to be able to use images on the internet for free.

On the other hand, if you are able to, budget-wise, hire a professional photographer, why not? Having that professionalism on your site is going to add to your audience. Pictures can surely liven up a site or blog especially when it's tastefully done and organised.

I would also advice trying to capture images yourself. Review sites on beauty thrive on that. Bloggers capture their own pictures of products. Some use digital cameras or just an iPhone or any other gadget. With proper lighting, you can sure capture professional looking pictures.

Good luck!

pwarbi

I recommend that you should hire a professional designer because if you just copy paste all the images from Google then your website does not look attractive. And if its not attractive then it will be typical for a user to stay long time.
Hiring a professional designer will take a large chunk of any budget, that's the main problem though and I think a lot of people will prefer to design their own pages.

While granted they won't look as professional as they would if you hired in, but the amount of money you can save is worth the time and effort in my opinion.

sunshine

Content Writer
I personally am fond of images. I love to share good images and thus i am depend to Google images. It really gives me freedom. While searching for many keywords i found that only few of the sites for particular keyword comes to me.
Later I decide, how to judge them and i found they have done something marvelous with their images, tags, title, etc,
Well, You're a fond of good images same to me. I love too much bright, amazing and attractive photos, love to add at all my stuff like blogposts, social media and even smartphone to share on my contacts. Sometimes I made some changes in design and colors of photos by photoshop software just to make them unique and personal.

Santp

You can buy images at very cheap price $1 per image, there are lot of website which is providing this service, hiring professional designer would be costly for you

sunshine

Content Writer
You can buy images at very cheap price $1 per image, there are lot of website which is providing this service, hiring professional designer would be costly for you
There are a lot of free high quality even royalty free images can easily be available on internet so I think there is no need of paid images.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
I want to take attention of all you guys here!

You need to be very responsible while using Google images on your website. Who said they are safe to use?
They are not actually unless and until you check them carefully. Images are no different that content of your website. It will be crawled and indexed by Google and other search engines, so it will appear in images.google.com, the place you believe is free source to use images.

No worry!! You want to use it, go for it since it is one of the large sources of available images on almost every topic.
But I request you to open the link of the image and then click “visit page” similarly like you download or view it. Here you will see whether the images are all free to use to any website or it has a licensed trademark.

You might have seen Stock images or creative commons licensed. So prefer an image that is under no license and free to use.

sunshine

Content Writer
I want to take attention of all you guys here!

You need to be very responsible while using Google images on your website. Who said they are safe to use?
They are not actually unless and until you check them carefully. Images are no different that content of your website. It will be crawled and indexed by Google and other search engines, so it will appear in images.google.com, the place you believe is free source to use images.

No worry!! You want to use it, go for it since it is one of the large sources of available images on almost every topic.
But I request you to open the link of the image and then click “visit page” similarly like you download or view it. Here you will see whether the images are all free to use to any website or it has a licensed trademark.

You might have seen Stock images or creative commons licensed. So prefer an image that is under no license and free to use.
You are right we must take care for this. I've already mentioned there are a lot of High Quality Royalty Free and legitimate resources to get good images. Moreover we take ideas from downloaded images and could do some changes by altering design, color, adding our logo etc.

Doominic anderson

White Belt
Inserting an image in in seo or in any other content increases it's readability and readers attracts to it for reading.
While selecting an image keep some points in your mind that this image is free for use,first check it and then add it.
You can get lot's of relevant images for you content on google image.

sunshine

Content Writer
Inserting an image in in seo or in any other content increases it's readability and readers attracts to it for reading.
While selecting an image keep some points in your mind that this image is free for use,first check it and then add it.
You can get lot's of relevant images for you content on google image.
Images not only drive unique and massive traffic to your site or blog, but provide it with a whole new type of backlink many SEO professionals often ignore.
If you are for example a good blogger or write articles for someone, an online magazine or newspaper, you come across this question…. Should I add an image to my piece of writing? Obviously the answer is “Yes”. Images make an article more bright and can actually throw it to improving the SEO for your article.

Alexandoy

In any articles I write, I make it a point to use only images that I own, particularly the photos from my camera when I cover an event. With forums that I joined, I also post photos sometimess but rest assured that those are photos that I own. It would be a disaster when I have written a good article and later would be sued for infringement of rights on a photo that I used. At least I have the confidence in all the contents I have published in the internet, that includes short posts like this.

sunshine

Content Writer
In any articles I write, I make it a point to use only images that I own, particularly the photos from my camera when I cover an event. With forums that I joined, I also post photos sometimess but rest assured that those are photos that I own. It would be a disaster when I have written a good article and later would be sued for infringement of rights on a photo that I used. At least I have the confidence in all the contents I have published in the internet, that includes short posts like this.
@Alexandoy Your posting of personal captured images not necessary all the time, I think so. Sometimes there need to be images in the post that are taken by professional photographer or professional designer.