Increasing products listing in Search Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Question to search engine optimistion gurus out there. Assuming your run an ecommerce website, how do you increase the number of your products and site url listed by search engines? I know you can export your product to Google base but that is now what I mean, what I mean is for example to have productA.php listed in SERPs?

Thanks

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Okay, let me explain better.
You have an ecommerce site, you sell say 20 products, lets call them product A, B, C etc. You want all your products url listed in google so that when someone search for example keyword "product a" the url of your product a is listed.

If another person search for url of "product b" url for product be is return in SERP all the same for all your products.

At the moment, when there is a search for "Product A" your homepage url is in SERPs not product A's url.

Zoli

Yellow Belt
Ohh, now I see the problem. The home page is more relevant for the keyphrase as the product page. I think that after identifying your bestseller products with external deep linking and placing very detailed product description you may increase both relevance and importance so the prduct page should precede the homepage at SERPs.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for that suggestion Zoli, that is precisely what I though the solution will be. I also though that some social bookmarking of best seller product urls should also help.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.