Internet Explorer vs Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkd_uk

Yellow Belt
Hi

Anyone have any ideas if Firefox is more secure then Internet Explorer? I read that Firefox has less bugs then Internet Explorer.

I use Internet Explorer more then I use Firefox, but if Firefox is more secure, I will be switching to Firefox.

Thanks

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
Hi

Anyone have any ideas if Firefox is more secure then Internet Explorer? I read that Firefox has less bugs then Internet Explorer.

I use Internet Explorer more then I use Firefox, but if Firefox is more secure, I will be switching to Firefox.

Thanks

As a web designer I think it is important to use the same browser as the majority of your custoemrs. In my web stats 90% of web pages are viewed using Internet Explorer. I am not saying firefox isnt better but we should be designing our sites for the 90% and not the 10%.

In some nieches, ie web master forums a lot higher percentage will be using firefox that with my wholesale websites.

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
I agree with WWT about the design . But I use Firefox because most of time . When it comes about the design I have some addons like colorzilla , or web developer tools , css validator. If you want to design your site for IE , mozilla has IE tab option , so that you can view on mozilla your site under IE standards.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
I agree with WWT about the design . But I use Firefox because most of time . When it comes about the design I have some addons like colorzilla , or web developer tools , css validator. If you want to design your site for IE , mozilla has IE tab option , so that you can view on mozilla your site under IE standards.
I have the Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar Installed, it sounds like it gives me similar functionality to what you have in firefox.

Web link (IE Developers Toolbar).

Mirror7

White Belt
As a web designer I think it is important to use the same browser as the majority of your custoemrs. In my web stats 90% of web pages are viewed using Internet Explorer. I am not saying firefox isnt better but we should be designing our sites for the 90% and not the 10%.

In some nieches, ie web master forums a lot higher percentage will be using firefox that with my wholesale websites.
That's a good idea, but it's even better to monitor your site in all the possible browsers not to lose any segment of customers.

A

Angie

I'd switch to Firefox. There's simply no comparison and IE just crashes more often in my experience.

Footzilla

Yellow Belt
Well like everyone else I also use and prefer Firefox. The reason is that IE crashes often without a reason and is slow. Firefox can be customized to your liking by adding plugins.

Status
Not open for further replies.