News/ Info Introduction To Xyplorer

krishatg

Content Writer
Introduction

File manager is a computer application which provides user interface to users to work on computer and enable users to manage files and folders in a hierarchical tree based on their structure.
XYPlorer is a feature-rich File Manager similar to window explorer, enable users to perform all type of file operations and to navigate disk directories in a user- friendly workspace. It is a hybrid file manager that combines features of different file managers that provides detailed file information, customizable reports, advance file search file management and more.

Installation

The installation procedure does not take a long time. We just need to hit next button a few times and it will be up and running. Once installed you can configure it with numerous options like tree and list view, sorting and renaming, icons, menus and mouse, to colors, styles, fonts, templates, tags and reports.
Having the file size of only 3.35MB it can get installed on any windows operating system (98, 2000, XP, NT, Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows10).

Some of the unique features that XYPlorer provides are following:
  • It provides catalog (which is a user created panel of links to files, folders, URLs, shortcuts, and similar entries), Scripting (which allows user to create stored sets of commands, similar to a macro), Mini Tree (a custom subset of the tree) and UDC (User Defined Commands, to create a limited set of customized commands).
  • It also provides other features like Dual-Pane file manager, Checksum identifier, Duplicate finder, Create scripts and run macros Favorites, Tags, Tabsets, Rich UI customization and Custom keyboard shortcuts.
  • Also documentation provided for the software is good and one can easily access to particular topic as there is an extensive manual which can be downloaded in PDF format from the site. The forum is also very active and helpful so it also saves lots of time while learning about the usage.
Conclusion:
It can do anything you always missed in standard MS explorer, and if one knows scripting for them it is most useful tool. It is pretty fast and highly configurable application Though all of these features there are the large number options which are very complex to use so it can be clearly assumed that it is not designed for casual PC users, as they need to spend lot of time learning it.
But those who are looking for something more advanced than windows Explorer or other file manager will probably find XYPlorer to their liking .

Attachments

zehra nadeem

One of the great things about this app is that it is totally free in google play store and also having exploring features in it. And also above 2.1 Android is required.

ipol12

Yellow Belt
One of the great things about this app is that it is totally free in google play store and also having exploring features in it. And also above 2.1 Android is required.
I thought it is for Windows only. I never thought it is also available on Android. I may try it because I am having a problem with my file manager.

Renren

"It can do anything you always missed in standard MS explorer, and if one knows scripting for them it is most useful tool. It is pretty fast and highly configurable application Though all of these features there are the large number options which are very complex to use so it can be clearly assumed that it is not designed for casual PC users, as they need to spend lot of time learning it.
But those who are looking for something more advanced than windows Explorer or other file manager will probably find XYPlorer to their liking ."

If it is configurable, then this might be a better tool. I'll be trying it later on.