Help Me/Question Is Bbpress A Decent Forum Software Option?

dcristo

Content Writer
I have considered using bbPress for basic forum websites due to its integration with WordPress, but have no experience with it.

Have you used it? What were your impressions of the forum software?

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
bbPress is not used by many people. Why don't you try other popular open source forum platforms such as phpBB, Simple Machines, vBulletin and Invision Power. Popular forum platforms have more variety of plugins that can add different functions to the forum.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
The few of the major attraction of the bbPress forum software is that it is open source software and unlike others it does not clunk and neither take a lot of resources.

I have used it once but since I didn’t find it working I just cancel the domain.
If you want a simple environment and extensibility of WordPress then you should go for bbPress.

They say it is not SEO friendly forum software. Just yesterday, my one friend who maintains many of clients forum decided to move to Xenforo.
I have not used it but heard it is modern and very stable than to any available forum software. It is SEO friendly forum then I will recommend you to start off your forum with this software.
Even this forum (WMS) is based on Xenforo :)

dcristo

Content Writer
bbPress is not used by many people. Why don't you try other popular open source forum platforms such as phpBB, Simple Machines, vBulletin and Invision Power. Popular forum platforms have more variety of plugins that can add different functions to the forum.
I've used both phpBB and vBulletin. Just looking at other options :) bbPress is appealing due to its integration with WordPress.

bharath

Staff member
I've used both phpBB and vBulletin. Just looking at other options :) bbPress is appealing due to its integration with WordPress.
I agree on this part, most of them were using for this purpose only. Wordpress widgets make the blog beautiful as your topics are displayed on the front page also it is almost free.

You have a blog that built already so BBpress is good for you such type. It is good method to develop the blog from the forums too as we see the bounce rate and Alexa gradually decreases. More engagements can be made than from Comments on blog.

dcristo

Content Writer
It seems like a decent alternative if it's a small forum. I am not sure I would use it for a popular forum. It is better to use a forum software platform that most members would already be familiar with.

bharath

Staff member
You should continue with BBpress as you have started from blogging then forum. Make sure to work on both sides, once it get developed, decide which software you need to use.
You will see some good results with forums on a blog.