Is directory submission dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

compliiaustralia

Yellow Belt
Hello link builders.. I heard that directory submissions for the link promotion died.. is it so if directory submission dead why then there are a lot of directories come to existence everyday..

briannagrattan

Yellow Belt
Well, directory submission is not dear but, the low quality link building is dead.Now, SEO is all about quality link building and acquiring links only from the relevant and authority sites. Best way to get quality links is the social media and niche oriented blogs.

mozi

White Belt
I think directory submission isn't dead but it isn't effective as much as it was.. people try it very less now due to its time requirement and very little effective result

FarrisFahad

White Belt
It doesn't hurt to do Directory Submission but it will not be effective if used alone. Couple of things before submitting to a directory:
1. Don't expect to get traffic from these sites.
2. when submitting use the right anchor text in your title and keyword section.
3. don't waste your time submitting to low quality directories because you might get back and ask them to remove your link.

I

ian_d

Hi,

Not yet directory submission dead but you have to be very careful when you choosing Directories for you as back link. try to get some quality & high page rank directories.

Kindest

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Hi,

Not yet directory submission dead but you have to be very careful when you choosing Directories for you as back link. try to get some quality & high page rank directories.

Kindest
And what criteria do you use to determine if a directory is suitable or not?

JakbizSEO

White Belt
I don't think it is dead. It may require time to get effect. The effective work through directory would really helpful to get rank over search engine website easily.

innocentdevil73

White Belt
And what criteria do you use to determine if a directory is suitable or not?
the main criteria we should follow is the quality of links on the page from which we want our link. For e.g. we want a link in free directory category, than we should see the listings over there, if it contains links to some web designing company or any hotel or link from any other category totally out of context, than its not a good place to get link from. These type of directories are junk and might also harm our ranking. We should avoid submitting our website to these type of directory.

Beside these we should also consider Google page rank, Alexa rank before submitting our site.

sanjanasvarma

White Belt
when it comes to considering backlink to the website directory submission won't have that much of presence, but it provides long term support for the website to stay in the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.