Is DMOZ the best directory to list your website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ooen

Many people dislike DMOZ, but Google still uses it. Many webmasters create clones. Many webmasters do reference DMOZ still and more than any other directory(maybe except for Yahoo). Is DMOZ still the best directory to list your website?

Darksat

Yellow Belt
If you can get into it, yes.

mainly because so many people mirror its results so you get dozens of backlinks eventually from 1 DMOZ listing.

T

Toopac

Is DMOZ still the best directory to list your website?
It is the best but Getting listed can be hard, i have yet to see my website listed in it, i submitted it over a 9 months ago, asked about my submission in their forum & i just get told it's pending...

I think it's best to just submit to ODP & leave it, it's better to get decent links then keep trying to get into ODP & wasting time :rolleyes:

rallyfan

Yellow Belt
Toopac said:
It is the best but Getting listed can be hard, i have yet to see my website listed in it, i submitted it over a 9 months ago, asked about my submission in their forum & i just get told it's pending...

I think it's best to just submit to ODP & leave it, it's better to get decent links then keep trying to get into ODP & wasting time :rolleyes:
toopac i totally agree with you.

DMOZ is a large directory and whats the point trying to get in there with many millions of websites when you could add links on smaller directories where you will be able to be reconized more.

myshtern

Yellow Belt
DMOZ is overrated
Your site will work perfectly fine without DMOZ

Not that DMOZ is bad, it just isnt crucial by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.