Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Is Drupal Best Than Wordpress?

Discussion in 'Wordpress Content Management System' started by suzzi winget, Feb 9, 2016.

1. suzzi winget

White Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    i know WordPress is one of the best and popular content management system(cms) for creating website. but is drupal also best for bloggers and developing website? is drupal open source system where we dont need to pay?

2. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Before I answer your question, can I ask have you tried both Drupal and Wordpress already and compare? For me, Wordpress is still the best and most popular of all time for bloggers and developing websites. Why would you ask that Drupal is the best for bloggers? If you could ask most people here in this wonderful community and other outside sources, most of them would recommend Wordpress to you. Most of the websites right now are using Wordpress, because it's way attractive, simple and has lots of features. I respect Drupal, but hands down to Wordpress! No one can beat this CMS!

3. Prasoon Arora

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    I have hardly seen any website built with Drupal and will always prefer using WordPress to build the website. Most of the bloggers or website builder prefer WordPress due to its excess use and reference as seen in number of website. Wordpress provides you everything that any WebBuilder require from customized pages , to themes and plugins, from adding videos to audios at the background of your webpage.
    I will thus, prefer to use Wordpress and will not prefer building website with Drupal.

4. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    I have few websites on Drupal and a blog too, but it is quite hard to customize in the starting and most of the plug-ins are not available that have in Wordpress platforms. Still I love using Drupal for more protection and Seo.

Wordpress is number one CMS for blogging platform and in my opinion, I cannot recommend for developing company websites Wordpress have thousands of free designs in all areas, but Drpal does not have.

The only thing what I seen in Drupal is the structure of url , seo, and placing a block where we needed either in front or in an exact post.

5. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    WordPress is better platform than the Drupal or any other. WordPress is easy and very user friendly and more than that all search engines love it. This is the one of the many reasons why more and more bloggers come and choose WordPress as their blogging platform.

6. RADHESHYAM GUPTA

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    In my thinking WordPress is better than Drupal, But there are some facts about Drupal and WordPress:-
    Drupal developers are less easy to get than WordPress developers.
    Drupal Security is better than WordPress because WordPress has many plugin that be easily hacked.
    Drupal Can support anything from a one-page static site but WordPress is originally designed as a Blogging platform.

7. ghost_in_the_machine

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Availability is a very big advantage, which Drupal in comparison to WordPress doesn't have. You'll be able to hire more designers for less, find themes a lot easier, and simply have a larger range of options.

8. Apeksha Singh

Apeksha Singh New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Wordpress , Drupal all are free and open source software and all of them are written primarily in PHP and all supoorted MySQL as their database management system.While there are a lot of similarities, but they are different in many aspects.
    They have different policies about what to include in the core software, how to handle modules and templates, how to deal with security, etc.

9. hynds

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    I prefer Wordpress, it's more powerful and easier to manage than Drupal.

10. Ittrainingindore

Ittrainingindore New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    WordPress and Drupal both have great features according to your need it depends like WordPress is Best choice for beginners because of it’s ease-of-use, it works especially well for small to medium sized websites, blogs and smaller e-commerce stores. And Drupal is difficult CMS to use , but also the most powerful. It requires a familiar understanding of HTML, CSS and PHP.