Help Me/Question Is It Good To Have An Option For Posting Comments On Your Blogs?

networld

I heard that it often results in filling your blog with spam comments. You may also witness fierce battles between visitors at some points. But are they enough reasons to deactivate an option for commenting in your blog?

After all it should not be like a radio, but there should be a two way communication. Visitors should have an option to mark their feelings and suggestions. Sometimes you can also benefit out of good constructive feedbacks. Some visitors even use this as a source for back-linking.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
It is good to have commenting option on your blog. Every blog does. But due to some malpractice most people put the settings as closed the comments box or closed it after a month.
The issue is viruses can be supplied through the commenting box.
Best practice could be when you put the setting as.
1. User must be registered to post comments.
2. Comment author must fill out name and email.
3. A comment is held for moderation.
4. Comment must be manually approved.
5. Comment author must have a previously approved comment.
This is how you can find with spam and bad practices on your blog.

Alexandoy

If your blog is monetized, even spam comments can help because it is still considered contents. However, some bloggers hate spam comments and they are wary of unknown commenters. If I would open a new blog, it is imperative to have a comment line because I see blog as a way of communication. It is not a one-way affair like the tv where the audience receives but could not react. In a blog, the reader should have a way to react and to express their side. With spammers, they can blocked anyway.

patrickkenyi

It is good to have commenting option on your blog. Every blog does. But due to some malpractice most people put the settings as closed the comments box or closed it after a month.
The issue is viruses can be supplied through the commenting box.
Best practice could be when you put the setting as.
1. User must be registered to post comments.
2. Comment author must fill out name and email.
3. A comment is held for moderation.
4. Comment must be manually approved.
5. Comment author must have a previously approved comment.
This is how you can find with spam and bad practices on your blog.
I think having a comments section is important for a blog as is gives users the opportunity to provide their feedback as well as make the site more interesting by allowing interaction. These comments just have to be regulated, the steps mentioned by @Manish Mishra can be used very effectively to counter the spammers.

ipol12

Yellow Belt
It is good to enable comments but it should go through review first. Comments should not automatically go to the blog posts, then it's up to you if yoi are going to approve it or not. In my blogs, first time commenters were not automatically approved. But those who are long time commenters can post anytime they want. That's fine because they are my real visitors.

rayone

If you mean spam comments that come with advertising sites suggesting you to rad this or that method that will make you rich by getting tons of views overnight then there is the only solution, turn the comments off and permit only the good ones.

Doominic anderson

White Belt
Every blogging sites provide commenting option,but only for them who are registered on the site.
Through commenting on blog,people share their thought on your blogs.

More comments on blog also describes one's popularity,it shows what people think about your blog.
But commenting option is only provided to them who give their all details right through their registration form.

Last edited:

rayone

Every blogging sites provide commenting option,but only for them who are registered on the site.
Through comment people share their thought on your blogs.

More comments on blog also describes one's popularity,it shows what people think about your blog.
But commenting option is only provided to them who give their all details right through their registration form.
There should be a moderator(program) who read the comments before live the comment.
I think you can always provide your credentials with different options available to guest users. If that was not the case where do you think all the spam comments were possible?

dcristo

Content Writer
Absolutely! Useful blog comments is adding really good content to your site, and in addition to encouraging discussion, it can help to increase organic search traffic to your site.

Ramakrishnan

I think comments should be enabled in a blog provided the visitor does not remain anonymous. Only those who enter their name and email id should be allowed to comment. A comment from a real visitor is always welcome which should develop into a two-way communication and more interaction which will benefit the blogger.

dcristo

Content Writer
I think comments should be enabled in a blog provided the visitor does not remain anonymous. Only those who enter their name and email id should be allowed to comment. A comment from a real visitor is always welcome which should develop into a two-way communication and more interaction which will benefit the blogger.
The visitor can enter any name and email address though.

I guess if you wanted to force those commenting to leave their real name, you could integrate the Facebook commenting system.

rayone

The visitor can enter any name and email address though.

I guess if you wanted to force those commenting to leave their real name, you could integrate the Facebook commenting system.
That's right, they do not verify your credentials but give you the options available. But giving right credential at right places work as back-link. I always leave a comment that brings one in return for me.

ipol12

Yellow Belt
If you mean spam comments that come with advertising sites suggesting you to rad this or that method that will make you rich by getting tons of views overnight then there is the only solution, turn the comments off and permit only the good ones.
I think there's one enabled in WordPress. I saw it from my Dashboard in my sites in BlogJob. It's called Akismet.

cheezcarls

It's Game Time!
Let me try make things clear to all of you here. Of course we can't accept comments that are spammy and those "general spam" comments like "Nice post or great information, bla bla bla, etc.". I can relate to that when I still have my affiliate marketing review blog with me. I have dealt with several spam comments in moderation before, and I was so sick and tired of deleting them everyday. But right now, there's some Wordpress plugins who restricts the ability of spammers to spam all they want in our blogs, by just simply installing it. I never approve any comment unless its highly-related to the blog post that I have, to prove he or she is a real person.

masterbusiness

Content Writer
Enabling comments in blog sites is definitely helpful in improving the page or simply to create a new idea for posts. This will also help the blogger in determining whether he or she sends the right message to the target audience.

Swati Mishra

Content Writer
Having comments open simply means you offer more contents to be added on your website. This also gives benefits in some reason because you are open up yourself to accepts two way communication.

niranjan kumar

White Belt
Comment post is a good option in blog, they help in me in a getting engagement with my audience. In comment box they can share though about my content and feedback or much more that they can do. But some spammers are comes here for making back link for their website . that i can control through moderation.

steve taylor

White Belt
It is not possible to put all the things related to topic in the single blog. And some time we missing the some useful things which must be included in the article of the blog. So comment section allow the readers to give their suggestions. May be reader gives some useful concept which is relay helps in quality of content.

Prasoon Arora

White Belt
Posting on your blogs is one the option that helps in attracting viewers. No matter who the viewer, they wish to give suggestions and they wish to make suggestions and provide feedback.
If their is involvement of all, readers, subscribers and writers the chances for activities is raised and which is managed by providing the option for posts in the blog section.

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
Don't auto approve the comments, manually approve them. Install the Akismet plugin as it will help to filter out the spam comments. I think it is best to open the blog post for commenting because having a lot of blog comments can increase your blog value and increase the SEO ranking.