Help Me/Question Is it safe to attach your debit or credit card with paypal?

ipol12

Yellow Belt
I already heard about the policy India by which your money will automatically transfer to your bank accounts from my Indian friends online.

That person may have been a victim of phishing. I never click PayPal links in my emails especially in spam mails as hackers use it. I usually open my PayPal account directly typing the website in the browser.

fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt
So, are you not able to keep the funds in your Paypal account while you are in India? If yes, then consider attaching the card as it's safe to do so.

bharath

Staff member
Yellow Belt
So, are you not able to keep the funds in your Paypal account while you are in India? If yes, then consider attaching the card as it's safe to do so.
Sure, they won't allow us to keep the funds within the account either adding a Credit Card too. Paypal won't allow debit cards but networld said here.
@networld Can you show how a debit card is added to paypal?

networld

Yellow Belt
Sure, they won't allow us to keep the funds within the account either adding a Credit Card too. Paypal won't allow debit cards but networld said here.
@networld Can you show how a debit card is added to paypal?
Hi, it is quite simple. Just click on 'complete profile' which will take you to a link to update your credit or debit card information. May be this was not a part of the profile ealier. I am not aware of that, but now it is available.

But I haven't inlcuded my card details in my PayPal account, instead I got it verified through my bank account number.

masterbusiness

Yellow Belt
I have not encountered any problem with attaching my debit and credit cards to Paypal. I also believe that it will be difficult to make transactions without your knowledge because of the site's security features.

Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt
It is totally safe to attach debit or credit card with PayPal because this is the top notch payment processing company and one should not fear to provide any sensitive information like card details.

bharath

Staff member
Yellow Belt
Hi, it is quite simple. Just click on 'complete profile' which will take you to a link to update your credit or debit card information. May be this was not a part of the profile ealier. I am not aware of that, but now it is available.

But I haven't inlcuded my card details in my PayPal account, instead I got it verified through my bank account number.
I just tried, with my Debit Card and it says " This card is not accepted. Please use a different card." Can you try to with your debit card to find whether they accepts it or not?

patrickkenyi

Yellow Belt
I have had a debit card linked to my Paypal account for about 2 years and I have not experienced any problems despite using it several times. I can not say however that I am not concerned about such incidents, but I normally just make the transaction and cross my fingers because I would rather go through Paypal than use my card directly.

briannagodess

Yellow Belt
I think it's important to have a separate bank account from the card you've attached on PayPal. This way, you can always withdraw your funds from PayPal to your debit or credit card and then transfer that money to your other account. Do not let the money sit on your account longer than necessary. Always transfer it to another account to avoid scammers getting it.

I think PayPal in itself is safe but if you are able to click through scam sites or links, that's where the problem lies. Always be wary of sites pretending to be PayPal because they do exist. Do not just open messages or links, double check always!

Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt
In online transaction security is most important aspect,and for this reason paypal became the market leader in online processing system due to it's reliability and security.
Yes,it is safe to attach your credit card or bank account with paypal,if you feel insecure and need to use paypal,i suggest you to open a new account and then use this account with paypal.

masterbusiness

Yellow Belt
I have been using PayPal for quite a long time already and I can say that it's totally safe. I've never had any issues with my credit card when linked to my PayPal account.

steve taylor

Yellow Belt
I think It is safe because it is cover more than 200 country and provide well security related to account verification . They do not enclose account detail to any one so it is safe . We provide debit card detail including debit card no , CVV , and expiry date which is not sufficient for make transaction without your permission because all master debit card and credit card follow to step verification.

niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt
Sometimes it's happen in many online process , some hackers are able to hack them. But now our internet is more secure than previous years. But no one can say our internet system is always secure and no one can hack. Because if internet is grow hackers also grow. So you can add debit card in PayPal.

Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt
You can attach your debit card or credit card to the Paypal because it is secured for any transaction.Paypal is very much trusted system by the people of all around the world and it is also used more than other payment systems.These types of systems are especially designed for online transactions and thus they use highly secured methods for transferring money from one account to another because if they don't work on security nobody will use these systems.

Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt
Attaching the debit card/credit card details with the PayPal will not get you in any trouble. PayPal is one of most secure websites and they never reveals personal information of their users. This is why some of the government in many countries lodges complaint against the PayPal. Indian government minimize their service by not able to send money direct from the PayPal balance since PayPal never reveals the personal information.