Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never shopped online

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zee

Yellow Belt
When we shop on line, all legitimate websites guarantee that our payments are processed securely. But what about how secure our data is once it is stored on their systems. To those who are afraid of shopping online and rather shop instore, how would you know that your data is secure once you have purchased instore. The link below from the BBC reports "Hackers have stolen information from at least 45.7 million payment cards used by customers of US retailer TJX, which owns TJ Maxx, and UK outlet TKMaxx"

Hackers target TK Maxx customers

It shows that even though our payments are processed securely, no company can guarantee that our data is 100% secure once stored on their systems.

I would love to start a debate on this so please post. Also, if you have been a victim of online fraud please post here. If you have been a victim of online fraud but do not wish to say, please take part in the poll I have setup.

Tom

Yellow Belt
Hackers

It's bad news that TK Maxx have been hacked into.

This kind of news gets all large companies to review their security and update as necessary. BUT, they forget about system security after a few months until another company gets attacked. I'm still shopping on line and have not been put off by this. I use paypal quite a lot who keep track of all payments and can obtain any monies incase of Fraud.

I'm not really sure if the data that was stolen was for instore TK Maxx shoppers or whether it was online customers.

xtrafile

Yellow Belt
Any site can be hacked into with enough persistence... no data is safe anywhere except in your own brain. System security is so important, yet many companies don't worry about that part..

Status
Not open for further replies.